May 4, 2013, 11:46 AM EDT
The Boston Bruins decided to make 19-year-old defenseman Dougie Hamilton a healthy scratch for Game 1 on Wednesday. Boston earned a 4-1 victory over the Toronto Maple Leafs in that contest, but blueliner Andrew Ference earned a one-game suspension for elbowing Mikhail Grabovski.
That forced the Bruins to shake up their defensive pairings and it looks like Hamilton will probably make his postseason debut, according to the Boston Globe.
Hamilton had five goals and 16 points in 42 regular season games as a rookie. He was selected with one of the draft picks the Boston Bruins gained from the Toronto Maple Leafs in the Phil Kessel trade.
The blueliner is projected to play on the third pairing with 35-year-old Wade Redden.
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 22
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 24
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 11
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 74
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (74)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)