May 4, 2013, 7:50 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins decided to make Boston Marathon bombing survivor Jeff Bauman Game 2’s honorary fan banner captain on Saturday.
“I want to thank everyone for their amazing support for me and all those injured and their families. I’m making great progress and I thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers. Please continue to respect our space at this time. I want to thank the Bruins players and organization for the generosity and support for all those impacted. Like all those in Black and Gold I can’t wait to see them on another quest for the cup. Go Bruins!”
CSNNE.com reports that Bauman played a role in identifying bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev, so it’s a fitting honor for the Bruins fan.
Check out video of that momentThis video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Here are a few photos/screen captures from that stirring moment:
(Via Linda Mae)
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 9
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40