May 3, 2013, 8:54 PM EDT
Despite falling behind 3-1 in the first period, many (reasonably) believed that the New York Islanders were frequently taking Game 2 to the Pittsburgh Penguins on Friday. The crowd is divided on how much of it had to do with a fight, though.
After Matt Niskanen landed a hit on Matt Moulson, Kyle Okposo engaged in his first NHL fight with the Penguins defenseman. If you judge a scuffle by how each player looked afterward, it’s easy to give the win to Okposo:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Want to just see the blood? SBNation captured it in GIF form:
The impact of that fight might cause some debate.
Some will say it was just a matter of time for an aggressive Islanders team. Those who tout the momentum-generating powers of fights would likely counter that the Islanders scored about 15 seconds after the round of fisticuffs.
Either way, the contest is up for grabs as the score was tied 3-3 going into the final frame.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)