May 3, 2013, 8:54 PM EDT
Despite falling behind 3-1 in the first period, many (reasonably) believed that the New York Islanders were frequently taking Game 2 to the Pittsburgh Penguins on Friday. The crowd is divided on how much of it had to do with a fight, though.
After Matt Niskanen landed a hit on Matt Moulson, Kyle Okposo engaged in his first NHL fight with the Penguins defenseman. If you judge a scuffle by how each player looked afterward, it’s easy to give the win to Okposo:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Want to just see the blood? SBNation captured it in GIF form:
The impact of that fight might cause some debate.
Some will say it was just a matter of time for an aggressive Islanders team. Those who tout the momentum-generating powers of fights would likely counter that the Islanders scored about 15 seconds after the round of fisticuffs.
Either way, the contest is up for grabs as the score was tied 3-3 going into the final frame.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 6
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 15
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 25
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)