May 3, 2013, 8:54 PM EDT
Despite falling behind 3-1 in the first period, many (reasonably) believed that the New York Islanders were frequently taking Game 2 to the Pittsburgh Penguins on Friday. The crowd is divided on how much of it had to do with a fight, though.
After Matt Niskanen landed a hit on Matt Moulson, Kyle Okposo engaged in his first NHL fight with the Penguins defenseman. If you judge a scuffle by how each player looked afterward, it’s easy to give the win to Okposo:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Want to just see the blood? SBNation captured it in GIF form:
The impact of that fight might cause some debate.
Some will say it was just a matter of time for an aggressive Islanders team. Those who tout the momentum-generating powers of fights would likely counter that the Islanders scored about 15 seconds after the round of fisticuffs.
Either way, the contest is up for grabs as the score was tied 3-3 going into the final frame.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 12
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 13
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)