May 3, 2013, 3:25 PM EDT
Martin Havlat has been ruled out of the Sharks’ Game 2 Western Conference quarterfinal against the Canucks.
Havlat, 32, appeared to be injured on a spear from Vancouver defenseman Kevin Bieksa midway through the first period of Game 1.
The Czech winger was visibly in pain at the time of the incident and hasn’t been on the ice since, failing to practice with the Sharks on Friday.
David Pollak of the San Jose Mercury News reports that Havlat was at the rink getting treatment on Thursday, but declined a request to speak with reporters.
Pollak also spoke to Bieksa about the incident.
“Havlat? I don’t remember that,” he explained. “I don’t remember. I’ll have to watch it over again to see what you’re talking about.”
San Jose forward Adam Burish also had something to say about the incident.
“Doesn’t surprise me,” he said of the alleged spear,” coming from [Bieksa].”
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (90)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)