May 3, 2013, 8:29 PM EDT
Detroit Red Wings coach Mike Babcock has been happier with his team’s defense (in the big picture) since adding some young blood, but that group took a big hit when it became clear that rookie Danny DeKeyser suffered a season-ending broken thumb.
“He’s smart, knows how to play and competes hard,” Babcock said. “He makes a good first pass and he’s a good penalty killer.”
While the rotations could change, Babcock said that he expects the 22-year-old to take DeKeyser’s spot alongside Jakub Kindl on Saturday.
You can watch Game 3 of the Red Wings-Anaheim Ducks first-round series starting at 7:30 pm ET on NBC Sports Network.
Mar 17, 2014, 4:48 PM EDT
After injuries to Michal Neuvirth and Jhonas Enroth.
Mar 17, 2014, 4:04 PM EDT
Chicago once again leads the NHL in attendance.
Mar 17, 2014, 3:07 PM EDT
“If I’m on the ice today, it’s because I want to return.”
Mar 17, 2014, 2:39 PM EDT
All the latest from the blue paint…
Mar 17, 2014, 2:07 PM EDT
Bruins’ d-man is “too sore” to play.
Mar 17, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
He’ll be in the Calgary lineup Tuesday vs. Buffalo.
Mar 17, 2014, 1:51 PM EDT
That picture may give you a clue about the best.
Mar 17, 2014, 1:47 PM EDT
Justin Abdelkader the latest Red Wing to get injured.
Mar 17, 2014, 1:21 PM EDT
No goals, just two points in first seven games as a Ranger.
Mar 17, 2014, 1:01 PM EDT
Jean-Sebastien Giguere with a good line.
Mar 17, 2014, 1:01 PM EDT
Bob helped Columbus move into third in the Metropolitan Division.
Mar 17, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
In a related story, Connor McDavid is draft-eligible next summer.
Mar 17, 2014, 11:49 AM EDT
The game also happens to be fairly huge for both teams.
Mar 17, 2014, 11:29 AM EDT
Minnesota is 10-1-1 all-time versus Boston. Which you may find surprising.
Mar 17, 2014, 11:16 AM EDT
Dallas has made a habit of collapsing late in the season.
Mar 17, 2014, 11:07 AM EDT
His return couldn’t come at a better time.
Mar 17, 2014, 10:51 AM EDT
Ottawa’s nine points out with 15 games to play.
Mar 17, 2014, 9:55 AM EDT
He’s had issues all season long.
Mar 17, 2014, 9:27 AM EDT
Boston has won eight straight games.
Mar 17, 2014, 8:20 AM EDT
That and the rest of the links to start the day.
- Video: Letang practices, says his goal is to return this season 5
- Who has the best and worst special teams in the NHL? 19
- Report: NHL pondering more draft lottery changes 13
- Playoff bubble watch — Stars edition 3
- Playoff race update: Jets smash Stars, muddy West picture 11
- Rangers foiled by Sharks’ Niemi, controversial no-goal 23
- Blues’ Tarasenko will undergo hand surgery, out at least six weeks 8
- Help’s on the way: Letang, Bennett cleared for practices 10
- Penguins rally falls short as Flyers sweep weekend series 60
- NHL on NBCSN: Detroit pumped to face Chicago 4
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (98)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (62)
- Pens lose Neal to concussion (62)
- Penguins rally falls short as Flyers sweep weekend series (60)