May 3, 2013, 7:21 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins have been blessed with the return of Sidney Crosby (plus early tallies by both Crosby and Evgeni Malkin) on Friday, but it’s inaccurate to say that they’re at full strength. Key pieces James Neal and Brooks Orpik are on the sidelines for Game 2.
In just his second contest back from an upper-body issue, Neal limped off the ice in Game 1. The winger scored a hat trick and an assist in his return on April 27, but didn’t collect a point in his eight minutes of time on Wednesday.
Orpik has been sidelined with a lower-body injury of his own since April 23. There was some conjecture that he might return against the New York islanders tonight, but it seems that the Penguins are playing it safe.
The game is currently taking place on NBC Sports Network.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 32
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 15
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 57
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 63
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1