May 3, 2013, 7:21 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins have been blessed with the return of Sidney Crosby (plus early tallies by both Crosby and Evgeni Malkin) on Friday, but it’s inaccurate to say that they’re at full strength. Key pieces James Neal and Brooks Orpik are on the sidelines for Game 2.
In just his second contest back from an upper-body issue, Neal limped off the ice in Game 1. The winger scored a hat trick and an assist in his return on April 27, but didn’t collect a point in his eight minutes of time on Wednesday.
Orpik has been sidelined with a lower-body injury of his own since April 23. There was some conjecture that he might return against the New York islanders tonight, but it seems that the Penguins are playing it safe.
The game is currently taking place on NBC Sports Network.
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 13
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 3
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 22
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 11
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 96
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (96)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)