May 3, 2013, 7:21 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins have been blessed with the return of Sidney Crosby (plus early tallies by both Crosby and Evgeni Malkin) on Friday, but it’s inaccurate to say that they’re at full strength. Key pieces James Neal and Brooks Orpik are on the sidelines for Game 2.
In just his second contest back from an upper-body issue, Neal limped off the ice in Game 1. The winger scored a hat trick and an assist in his return on April 27, but didn’t collect a point in his eight minutes of time on Wednesday.
Orpik has been sidelined with a lower-body injury of his own since April 23. There was some conjecture that he might return against the New York islanders tonight, but it seems that the Penguins are playing it safe.
The game is currently taking place on NBC Sports Network.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5