May 3, 2013, 11:26 AM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins will have their captain back tonight at the Consol Energy Center, as Sidney Crosby will return to the lineup for Game 2 of his team’s first-round series versus the New York Islanders.
“I feel good,” Crosby said. “I’m cleared to play tonight. I’m excited to get back in there and play in the playoffs.”
The 25-year-old has been out of the Penguins’ lineup since breaking his jaw on March 30. Before then, he had 56 points in 36 games, good enough to finish tied for third in the league’s scoring race despite playing just three quarters of the season.
The other three lines were as follows, per the Post-Gazette:
Pittsburgh won Game 1 of the series, 5-0, on Wednesday.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 6
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5