May 3, 2013, 11:26 AM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins will have their captain back tonight at the Consol Energy Center, as Sidney Crosby will return to the lineup for Game 2 of his team’s first-round series versus the New York Islanders.
“I feel good,” Crosby said. “I’m cleared to play tonight. I’m excited to get back in there and play in the playoffs.”
The 25-year-old has been out of the Penguins’ lineup since breaking his jaw on March 30. Before then, he had 56 points in 36 games, good enough to finish tied for third in the league’s scoring race despite playing just three quarters of the season.
The other three lines were as follows, per the Post-Gazette:
Pittsburgh won Game 1 of the series, 5-0, on Wednesday.
- Will winning trump revenge tonight? 0
- Sleepy Sharks hit new low in loss to Buffalo 3
- Goalie nods: Gustavsson gets his second start 0
- Price downplays start as Canadiens host Rangers 6
- Sens, Habs and Leafs pay tribute to fallen soldier 3
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 32
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 28
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)