May 3, 2013, 11:26 AM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins will have their captain back tonight at the Consol Energy Center, as Sidney Crosby will return to the lineup for Game 2 of his team’s first-round series versus the New York Islanders.
“I feel good,” Crosby said. “I’m cleared to play tonight. I’m excited to get back in there and play in the playoffs.”
The 25-year-old has been out of the Penguins’ lineup since breaking his jaw on March 30. Before then, he had 56 points in 36 games, good enough to finish tied for third in the league’s scoring race despite playing just three quarters of the season.
The other three lines were as follows, per the Post-Gazette:
Pittsburgh won Game 1 of the series, 5-0, on Wednesday.
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 40
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 17
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 17
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 13
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 4
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 59
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)