May 3, 2013, 1:19 PM EST
Some good news out of Montreal on Friday morning as Habs forward Lars Eller was released from hospital after an overnight stay.
Eller, 23, was rushed to Montreal General Hospital last night after absorbing a big hit from Ottawa’s Eric Gryba during Game 1 of their Eastern Conference quarterfinal.
The Danish forward landed face-first on the ice and a pool of blood quickly formed around his head.
He was carted out of the Bell Center on a stretcher and quickly dispatched to hospital, where he was treated for a concussion and facial fractures.
According to NHL.com’s Arpon Basu, Eller also lost consciousness and teeth in the collision.
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 2
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 57
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 80
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Video: Penguins hold on to beat Capitals for first time this season 29
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (81)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)