May 3, 2013, 10:22 AM EDT
If the temperature in the Ottawa Senators-Montreal Canadiens series wasn’t already at a boil after Game 1, this will surely help.
A photo of the front page was provided in a tweet from Ottawa Sun sports columnist Bruce Garrioch.
As per a tweet from Elliotte Friedman of CBC’s Hockey Night in Canada, Eller “had facial and dental fractures, as well as loss of consciousness.”
The Canadiens said Eller would stay overnight in hospital as a result of his injuries.
Senators’ head coach Paul MacLean called the hit, “a hockey play that went bad for Eller.”
There is also discussion about the pass from Raphael Diaz to Eller and whether it was one of those “suicide passes.”
“I’m not going to blame Raphael,” said Canadiens head coach Michel Therrien.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 7
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22