May 3, 2013, 10:22 AM EST
If the temperature in the Ottawa Senators-Montreal Canadiens series wasn’t already at a boil after Game 1, this will surely help.
A photo of the front page was provided in a tweet from Ottawa Sun sports columnist Bruce Garrioch.
As per a tweet from Elliotte Friedman of CBC’s Hockey Night in Canada, Eller “had facial and dental fractures, as well as loss of consciousness.”
The Canadiens said Eller would stay overnight in hospital as a result of his injuries.
Senators’ head coach Paul MacLean called the hit, “a hockey play that went bad for Eller.”
There is also discussion about the pass from Raphael Diaz to Eller and whether it was one of those “suicide passes.”
“I’m not going to blame Raphael,” said Canadiens head coach Michel Therrien.
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 0
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 0
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 11
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 1
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 4
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 2
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (46)