May 3, 2013, 10:22 AM EDT
If the temperature in the Ottawa Senators-Montreal Canadiens series wasn’t already at a boil after Game 1, this will surely help.
A photo of the front page was provided in a tweet from Ottawa Sun sports columnist Bruce Garrioch.
As per a tweet from Elliotte Friedman of CBC’s Hockey Night in Canada, Eller “had facial and dental fractures, as well as loss of consciousness.”
The Canadiens said Eller would stay overnight in hospital as a result of his injuries.
Senators’ head coach Paul MacLean called the hit, “a hockey play that went bad for Eller.”
There is also discussion about the pass from Raphael Diaz to Eller and whether it was one of those “suicide passes.”
“I’m not going to blame Raphael,” said Canadiens head coach Michel Therrien.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)