May 3, 2013, 10:22 AM EDT
If the temperature in the Ottawa Senators-Montreal Canadiens series wasn’t already at a boil after Game 1, this will surely help.
A photo of the front page was provided in a tweet from Ottawa Sun sports columnist Bruce Garrioch.
As per a tweet from Elliotte Friedman of CBC’s Hockey Night in Canada, Eller “had facial and dental fractures, as well as loss of consciousness.”
The Canadiens said Eller would stay overnight in hospital as a result of his injuries.
Senators’ head coach Paul MacLean called the hit, “a hockey play that went bad for Eller.”
There is also discussion about the pass from Raphael Diaz to Eller and whether it was one of those “suicide passes.”
“I’m not going to blame Raphael,” said Canadiens head coach Michel Therrien.
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 23
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 132
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 15
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 4
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 24
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 17
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (132)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)