May 3, 2013, 10:22 AM EST
If the temperature in the Ottawa Senators-Montreal Canadiens series wasn’t already at a boil after Game 1, this will surely help.
A photo of the front page was provided in a tweet from Ottawa Sun sports columnist Bruce Garrioch.
As per a tweet from Elliotte Friedman of CBC’s Hockey Night in Canada, Eller “had facial and dental fractures, as well as loss of consciousness.”
The Canadiens said Eller would stay overnight in hospital as a result of his injuries.
Senators’ head coach Paul MacLean called the hit, “a hockey play that went bad for Eller.”
There is also discussion about the pass from Raphael Diaz to Eller and whether it was one of those “suicide passes.”
“I’m not going to blame Raphael,” said Canadiens head coach Michel Therrien.
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 6
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 5
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 8
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 101
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 128
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (128)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (106)