May 3, 2013, 9:45 PM EST
For many, the story was supposed to be about Sidney Crosby‘s triumphant return amid Pittsburgh’s continued dominance. The New York Islanders had other plans, however, coming back from a 3-1 deficit to tie the first-round series 1-1 with a 4-3 win on Friday.
- So, is it already time to wonder if the Penguins’ defense is really that much better after it fell apart in the 2012 playoffs? Many claimed as much, but it’s an obvious question now.
- Here’s another inevitable question: is Marc-Andre Fleury truly the guy who can get it done for Pittsburgh? How long is his leash with Tomas Vokoun waiting in the wings?
- How would you rate Sidney Crosby’s overall game? Did he dominate beyond those two goals?
- Well, it’s probably safe to say that John Tavares had a much better night. Where does he rank among the top players in this series?
- How much weight do you put in Kyle Okposo‘s fight against Matt Niskanen?
- And the most fun question of all: can the streaky Isles win this series? More than a few people believed that they could give Pittsburgh fits.
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 0
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 12
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 7
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 34
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)