May 3, 2013, 9:45 PM EST
For many, the story was supposed to be about Sidney Crosby‘s triumphant return amid Pittsburgh’s continued dominance. The New York Islanders had other plans, however, coming back from a 3-1 deficit to tie the first-round series 1-1 with a 4-3 win on Friday.
- So, is it already time to wonder if the Penguins’ defense is really that much better after it fell apart in the 2012 playoffs? Many claimed as much, but it’s an obvious question now.
- Here’s another inevitable question: is Marc-Andre Fleury truly the guy who can get it done for Pittsburgh? How long is his leash with Tomas Vokoun waiting in the wings?
- How would you rate Sidney Crosby’s overall game? Did he dominate beyond those two goals?
- Well, it’s probably safe to say that John Tavares had a much better night. Where does he rank among the top players in this series?
- How much weight do you put in Kyle Okposo‘s fight against Matt Niskanen?
- And the most fun question of all: can the streaky Isles win this series? More than a few people believed that they could give Pittsburgh fits.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 11
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 3
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 13
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4