May 3, 2013, 9:45 PM EDT
For many, the story was supposed to be about Sidney Crosby‘s triumphant return amid Pittsburgh’s continued dominance. The New York Islanders had other plans, however, coming back from a 3-1 deficit to tie the first-round series 1-1 with a 4-3 win on Friday.
- So, is it already time to wonder if the Penguins’ defense is really that much better after it fell apart in the 2012 playoffs? Many claimed as much, but it’s an obvious question now.
- Here’s another inevitable question: is Marc-Andre Fleury truly the guy who can get it done for Pittsburgh? How long is his leash with Tomas Vokoun waiting in the wings?
- How would you rate Sidney Crosby’s overall game? Did he dominate beyond those two goals?
- Well, it’s probably safe to say that John Tavares had a much better night. Where does he rank among the top players in this series?
- How much weight do you put in Kyle Okposo‘s fight against Matt Niskanen?
- And the most fun question of all: can the streaky Isles win this series? More than a few people believed that they could give Pittsburgh fits.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 22
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 28
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)