May 3, 2013, 9:45 PM EDT
For many, the story was supposed to be about Sidney Crosby‘s triumphant return amid Pittsburgh’s continued dominance. The New York Islanders had other plans, however, coming back from a 3-1 deficit to tie the first-round series 1-1 with a 4-3 win on Friday.
- So, is it already time to wonder if the Penguins’ defense is really that much better after it fell apart in the 2012 playoffs? Many claimed as much, but it’s an obvious question now.
- Here’s another inevitable question: is Marc-Andre Fleury truly the guy who can get it done for Pittsburgh? How long is his leash with Tomas Vokoun waiting in the wings?
- How would you rate Sidney Crosby’s overall game? Did he dominate beyond those two goals?
- Well, it’s probably safe to say that John Tavares had a much better night. Where does he rank among the top players in this series?
- How much weight do you put in Kyle Okposo‘s fight against Matt Niskanen?
- And the most fun question of all: can the streaky Isles win this series? More than a few people believed that they could give Pittsburgh fits.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5