May 3, 2013, 9:45 PM EDT
For many, the story was supposed to be about Sidney Crosby‘s triumphant return amid Pittsburgh’s continued dominance. The New York Islanders had other plans, however, coming back from a 3-1 deficit to tie the first-round series 1-1 with a 4-3 win on Friday.
- So, is it already time to wonder if the Penguins’ defense is really that much better after it fell apart in the 2012 playoffs? Many claimed as much, but it’s an obvious question now.
- Here’s another inevitable question: is Marc-Andre Fleury truly the guy who can get it done for Pittsburgh? How long is his leash with Tomas Vokoun waiting in the wings?
- How would you rate Sidney Crosby’s overall game? Did he dominate beyond those two goals?
- Well, it’s probably safe to say that John Tavares had a much better night. Where does he rank among the top players in this series?
- How much weight do you put in Kyle Okposo‘s fight against Matt Niskanen?
- And the most fun question of all: can the streaky Isles win this series? More than a few people believed that they could give Pittsburgh fits.
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 23
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 94
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 10
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 18
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 35
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (94)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)