May 3, 2013, 9:45 PM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens and Ottawa Senators will likely go through a lot of ice and Advil after two intense physical playoff matchups in two nights. The first-round series was tied 1-1 thanks to the Habs’ 3-1 win on Friday.
Let’s gab away.
- Francis Bouillon and Rene Bourque went to the dressing room at points during the game, according to RDS’ Renaud Lavoie. Even if they end up playing through their mystery maladies, the Habs are already banged up. Could this series leave the winner highly vulnerable in the semifinals?
- The shot differential wasn’t anywhere near as imbalanced as Game 1, but Montreal still took that category on Friday. Is Ottawa depending too much on its defense and Craig Anderson?
- Despite losing, this two-game split gives the Senators home-ice advantage. The Habs have a fantastic 15-7-2 road record, however, so where do you expect this series to be at when it returns to Montreal?
- Furthermore, which team do you expect to win this series?
- The Habs’ crowd has been incredible through two games. Can Ottawa’s faithful provide a similar atmosphere?
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 1
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 4
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 26
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 41
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 11
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (68)