May 3, 2013, 9:45 PM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens and Ottawa Senators will likely go through a lot of ice and Advil after two intense physical playoff matchups in two nights. The first-round series was tied 1-1 thanks to the Habs’ 3-1 win on Friday.
Let’s gab away.
- Francis Bouillon and Rene Bourque went to the dressing room at points during the game, according to RDS’ Renaud Lavoie. Even if they end up playing through their mystery maladies, the Habs are already banged up. Could this series leave the winner highly vulnerable in the semifinals?
- The shot differential wasn’t anywhere near as imbalanced as Game 1, but Montreal still took that category on Friday. Is Ottawa depending too much on its defense and Craig Anderson?
- Despite losing, this two-game split gives the Senators home-ice advantage. The Habs have a fantastic 15-7-2 road record, however, so where do you expect this series to be at when it returns to Montreal?
- Furthermore, which team do you expect to win this series?
- The Habs’ crowd has been incredible through two games. Can Ottawa’s faithful provide a similar atmosphere?
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 0
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 7
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 18
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 6
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 114
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 55
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 42
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20