May 3, 2013, 9:45 PM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens and Ottawa Senators will likely go through a lot of ice and Advil after two intense physical playoff matchups in two nights. The first-round series was tied 1-1 thanks to the Habs’ 3-1 win on Friday.
Let’s gab away.
- Francis Bouillon and Rene Bourque went to the dressing room at points during the game, according to RDS’ Renaud Lavoie. Even if they end up playing through their mystery maladies, the Habs are already banged up. Could this series leave the winner highly vulnerable in the semifinals?
- The shot differential wasn’t anywhere near as imbalanced as Game 1, but Montreal still took that category on Friday. Is Ottawa depending too much on its defense and Craig Anderson?
- Despite losing, this two-game split gives the Senators home-ice advantage. The Habs have a fantastic 15-7-2 road record, however, so where do you expect this series to be at when it returns to Montreal?
- Furthermore, which team do you expect to win this series?
- The Habs’ crowd has been incredible through two games. Can Ottawa’s faithful provide a similar atmosphere?
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (98)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)