May 3, 2013, 9:45 PM EST
The Montreal Canadiens and Ottawa Senators will likely go through a lot of ice and Advil after two intense physical playoff matchups in two nights. The first-round series was tied 1-1 thanks to the Habs’ 3-1 win on Friday.
Let’s gab away.
- Francis Bouillon and Rene Bourque went to the dressing room at points during the game, according to RDS’ Renaud Lavoie. Even if they end up playing through their mystery maladies, the Habs are already banged up. Could this series leave the winner highly vulnerable in the semifinals?
- The shot differential wasn’t anywhere near as imbalanced as Game 1, but Montreal still took that category on Friday. Is Ottawa depending too much on its defense and Craig Anderson?
- Despite losing, this two-game split gives the Senators home-ice advantage. The Habs have a fantastic 15-7-2 road record, however, so where do you expect this series to be at when it returns to Montreal?
- Furthermore, which team do you expect to win this series?
- The Habs’ crowd has been incredible through two games. Can Ottawa’s faithful provide a similar atmosphere?
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 30
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 3
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 12
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 24
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 51
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)