May 3, 2013, 6:39 PM EST
If some players are resistant to the idea of wearing a visor because they seemingly obstruct their view, then Sidney Crosby‘s Game 2 helmet is essentially their worst nightmare.
Pittsburgh Penguins head trainer Dana Heinze shared the design Crosby will wear against the New York Islanders on Friday:
Even with all of that protection, there’s always the concern that Crosby’s opponents will target him and his jaw. After all, the 25-year-old is basically wearing a huge plastic bulls-eye on his head.
The Penguins captain acknowledged the risks that come with the situation – and any situation, really – with the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette’s Shelly Anderson.
“What can I do? Obviously, I’m not going out there looking to get hit,” Crosby said. “If that’s the case, there’s only so much you can control out there. If they really want to, it will be up to them more than me.”
It almost seems like Crosby’s dabbled in existentialism during his time off.
The Isles are likely to be a surly bunch after a lopsided 5-0 loss in Game 1 on Wednesday, so Crosby enters quite the interesting scenario. You can watch the game on NBC Sports Network starting at 7 p.m. ET.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)