May 3, 2013, 6:39 PM EST
If some players are resistant to the idea of wearing a visor because they seemingly obstruct their view, then Sidney Crosby‘s Game 2 helmet is essentially their worst nightmare.
Pittsburgh Penguins head trainer Dana Heinze shared the design Crosby will wear against the New York Islanders on Friday:
Even with all of that protection, there’s always the concern that Crosby’s opponents will target him and his jaw. After all, the 25-year-old is basically wearing a huge plastic bulls-eye on his head.
The Penguins captain acknowledged the risks that come with the situation – and any situation, really – with the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette’s Shelly Anderson.
“What can I do? Obviously, I’m not going out there looking to get hit,” Crosby said. “If that’s the case, there’s only so much you can control out there. If they really want to, it will be up to them more than me.”
It almost seems like Crosby’s dabbled in existentialism during his time off.
The Isles are likely to be a surly bunch after a lopsided 5-0 loss in Game 1 on Wednesday, so Crosby enters quite the interesting scenario. You can watch the game on NBC Sports Network starting at 7 p.m. ET.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54