May 3, 2013, 3:55 PM EDT
Ryane Clowe was wearing a no-contact jersey today at practice, but the big Rangers winger is keeping open the possibility of playing Saturday afternoon in Washington.
“I’m not gonna rule out tomorrow,” Clowe said, per ESPN New York. “Tough to watch this time of year. Playoffs — it’s the time of year and the hockey I look forward to the most. So, it was hard to watch last night. But, I’ll discuss it with the trainers and the proper people today and let them know how it felt. So we’ll see.”
It’s believed Clowe may be dealing with a concussion, so if he does return tomorrow, expect plenty of scrutiny.
Clowe had three goals and five assists in 12 games after being traded from San Jose to New York prior to the deadline.
The 30-year-old is also a proven playoff performer — something the Rangers could use after losing Game 1 to the Capitals.
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 57
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 3
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)