May 3, 2013, 3:55 PM EDT
Ryane Clowe was wearing a no-contact jersey today at practice, but the big Rangers winger is keeping open the possibility of playing Saturday afternoon in Washington.
“I’m not gonna rule out tomorrow,” Clowe said, per ESPN New York. “Tough to watch this time of year. Playoffs — it’s the time of year and the hockey I look forward to the most. So, it was hard to watch last night. But, I’ll discuss it with the trainers and the proper people today and let them know how it felt. So we’ll see.”
It’s believed Clowe may be dealing with a concussion, so if he does return tomorrow, expect plenty of scrutiny.
Clowe had three goals and five assists in 12 games after being traded from San Jose to New York prior to the deadline.
The 30-year-old is also a proven playoff performer — something the Rangers could use after losing Game 1 to the Capitals.
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 5
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 15
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 77
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 17
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 46
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 4
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (77)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)