May 3, 2013, 3:55 PM EST
Ryane Clowe was wearing a no-contact jersey today at practice, but the big Rangers winger is keeping open the possibility of playing Saturday afternoon in Washington.
“I’m not gonna rule out tomorrow,” Clowe said, per ESPN New York. “Tough to watch this time of year. Playoffs — it’s the time of year and the hockey I look forward to the most. So, it was hard to watch last night. But, I’ll discuss it with the trainers and the proper people today and let them know how it felt. So we’ll see.”
It’s believed Clowe may be dealing with a concussion, so if he does return tomorrow, expect plenty of scrutiny.
Clowe had three goals and five assists in 12 games after being traded from San Jose to New York prior to the deadline.
The 30-year-old is also a proven playoff performer — something the Rangers could use after losing Game 1 to the Capitals.
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 1
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 3
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 4
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 55
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 2
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)