May 3, 2013, 3:55 PM EDT
Ryane Clowe was wearing a no-contact jersey today at practice, but the big Rangers winger is keeping open the possibility of playing Saturday afternoon in Washington.
“I’m not gonna rule out tomorrow,” Clowe said, per ESPN New York. “Tough to watch this time of year. Playoffs — it’s the time of year and the hockey I look forward to the most. So, it was hard to watch last night. But, I’ll discuss it with the trainers and the proper people today and let them know how it felt. So we’ll see.”
It’s believed Clowe may be dealing with a concussion, so if he does return tomorrow, expect plenty of scrutiny.
Clowe had three goals and five assists in 12 games after being traded from San Jose to New York prior to the deadline.
The 30-year-old is also a proven playoff performer — something the Rangers could use after losing Game 1 to the Capitals.
- ‘We’re going into the cage,’ says Kings’ coach Sutter about Game 5 0
- Kings stave off elimination, force Game 5 against Sharks 21
- Wild hold off late Avalanche push to even series at 2-2 53
- Bruins scratch out OT win, push Red Wings to brink 42
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at L.A. Kings 0
- WATCH LIVE: Colorado Avalanche at Minnesota Wild (Game 4) 5
- Monster of a surprise: Red Wings start Gustavsson over Howard 5
- WATCH LIVE: Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings (Game 4) 2
- Bylsma rips Penguins, calls effort level ‘troubling’ 64
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 99
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Wild’s Cooke offered in-person hearing for knee-on-knee collision with Barrie (111)