May 3, 2013, 3:55 PM EST
Ryane Clowe was wearing a no-contact jersey today at practice, but the big Rangers winger is keeping open the possibility of playing Saturday afternoon in Washington.
“I’m not gonna rule out tomorrow,” Clowe said, per ESPN New York. “Tough to watch this time of year. Playoffs — it’s the time of year and the hockey I look forward to the most. So, it was hard to watch last night. But, I’ll discuss it with the trainers and the proper people today and let them know how it felt. So we’ll see.”
It’s believed Clowe may be dealing with a concussion, so if he does return tomorrow, expect plenty of scrutiny.
Clowe had three goals and five assists in 12 games after being traded from San Jose to New York prior to the deadline.
The 30-year-old is also a proven playoff performer — something the Rangers could use after losing Game 1 to the Capitals.
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 1
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 7
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 9
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 60
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 77
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (137)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)