May 3, 2013, 3:50 PM EDT
San Jose Sharks agitator Adam Burish is willing to sacrifice for the good of the team.
The way he expresses that sentiment, though, might need some work.
“I’d take a one-game suspension for that hit,” Burish told Sportsnet’s Mark Spector.
(Note: Gryba was suspended two games for the hit. You could say that changes Burish’s take, but then you’re just arguing semantics, really.)
Burish didn’t finish there.
“It was a game changer,” he continued. “One game? It was worth it.”
Maybe it will end up a good tradeoff for the Senators, but the result of the Gryba hit — Eller laying prone in a pool of his own blood, an overnight stay at hospital, concussion and multiple facial fractures — makes Burish’s “it was worth it” remark seem a bit insensitive.
In case you’re curious, Burish has never been suspended or fined by the NHL’s Department of Player Safety.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 18
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 5
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 25
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 18
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)