May 3, 2013, 3:50 PM EDT
San Jose Sharks agitator Adam Burish is willing to sacrifice for the good of the team.
The way he expresses that sentiment, though, might need some work.
“I’d take a one-game suspension for that hit,” Burish told Sportsnet’s Mark Spector.
(Note: Gryba was suspended two games for the hit. You could say that changes Burish’s take, but then you’re just arguing semantics, really.)
Burish didn’t finish there.
“It was a game changer,” he continued. “One game? It was worth it.”
Maybe it will end up a good tradeoff for the Senators, but the result of the Gryba hit — Eller laying prone in a pool of his own blood, an overnight stay at hospital, concussion and multiple facial fractures — makes Burish’s “it was worth it” remark seem a bit insensitive.
In case you’re curious, Burish has never been suspended or fined by the NHL’s Department of Player Safety.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 0
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 46
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 8
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)