May 2, 2013, 11:11 PM EDT
Jonathan Quick is continuing his strong performance early in this first-round series against the St. Louis Blues.
Yes, the L.A. Kings’ goalie made a mistake that directly led to the Blues’ overtime winner in Game 1, but he hasn’t let that faze him.
Quick, who was injured during warm-ups prior to Game 2 but was in good enough condition to play, made a spectacular save off the Blues’ Jaden Schwartz in the final minute of the first period on Thursday.
It looked like Schwartz had a sure goal, but Quick pushed off to the right and made a brilliant pad stop to preserve the Kings’ lead after 20 minutes.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 29
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 52
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 24
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 89
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 15
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 14
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 47
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (88)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)