May 2, 2013, 11:11 PM EDT
Jonathan Quick is continuing his strong performance early in this first-round series against the St. Louis Blues.
Yes, the L.A. Kings’ goalie made a mistake that directly led to the Blues’ overtime winner in Game 1, but he hasn’t let that faze him.
Quick, who was injured during warm-ups prior to Game 2 but was in good enough condition to play, made a spectacular save off the Blues’ Jaden Schwartz in the final minute of the first period on Thursday.
It looked like Schwartz had a sure goal, but Quick pushed off to the right and made a brilliant pad stop to preserve the Kings’ lead after 20 minutes.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 13
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 7
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 35
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)