May 2, 2013, 11:11 PM EDT
Jonathan Quick is continuing his strong performance early in this first-round series against the St. Louis Blues.
Yes, the L.A. Kings’ goalie made a mistake that directly led to the Blues’ overtime winner in Game 1, but he hasn’t let that faze him.
Quick, who was injured during warm-ups prior to Game 2 but was in good enough condition to play, made a spectacular save off the Blues’ Jaden Schwartz in the final minute of the first period on Thursday.
It looked like Schwartz had a sure goal, but Quick pushed off to the right and made a brilliant pad stop to preserve the Kings’ lead after 20 minutes.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 0
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 2
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 0
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 53
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 51
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 54
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)