May 2, 2013, 11:11 PM EDT
Jonathan Quick is continuing his strong performance early in this first-round series against the St. Louis Blues.
Yes, the L.A. Kings’ goalie made a mistake that directly led to the Blues’ overtime winner in Game 1, but he hasn’t let that faze him.
Quick, who was injured during warm-ups prior to Game 2 but was in good enough condition to play, made a spectacular save off the Blues’ Jaden Schwartz in the final minute of the first period on Thursday.
It looked like Schwartz had a sure goal, but Quick pushed off to the right and made a brilliant pad stop to preserve the Kings’ lead after 20 minutes.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 1
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 45
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 8
- Report: BOG to vote on Vegas expansion in September 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits 100
- Howard won’t demand trade out of Detroit 19
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (101)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappointment as Wild advance (99)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)