May 2, 2013, 11:11 PM EDT
Jonathan Quick is continuing his strong performance early in this first-round series against the St. Louis Blues.
Yes, the L.A. Kings’ goalie made a mistake that directly led to the Blues’ overtime winner in Game 1, but he hasn’t let that faze him.
Quick, who was injured during warm-ups prior to Game 2 but was in good enough condition to play, made a spectacular save off the Blues’ Jaden Schwartz in the final minute of the first period on Thursday.
It looked like Schwartz had a sure goal, but Quick pushed off to the right and made a brilliant pad stop to preserve the Kings’ lead after 20 minutes.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5