May 2, 2013, 8:21 PM EDT
Even those who wondered if Erik Karlsson was taking a big risk by returning from his Achilles injury a few weeks earlier than expected have to admit that he looks as dominant as ever.
Especially picky folks might have found a way to complain that the four points he scored in his first three games back were all assist, but the dynamic defenseman settled that on Thursday night. Karlsson, 22, found the net for his first goal since returning from that ailment in Game 1 of the Senators’ quarterfinals series against the Montreal Canadiens, giving Ottawa a 1-0 lead:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Yeah, it doesn’t look like he’s lost a step.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 40
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)