May 2, 2013, 8:21 PM EDT
Even those who wondered if Erik Karlsson was taking a big risk by returning from his Achilles injury a few weeks earlier than expected have to admit that he looks as dominant as ever.
Especially picky folks might have found a way to complain that the four points he scored in his first three games back were all assist, but the dynamic defenseman settled that on Thursday night. Karlsson, 22, found the net for his first goal since returning from that ailment in Game 1 of the Senators’ quarterfinals series against the Montreal Canadiens, giving Ottawa a 1-0 lead:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Yeah, it doesn’t look like he’s lost a step.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5