May 2, 2013, 8:21 PM EDT
Even those who wondered if Erik Karlsson was taking a big risk by returning from his Achilles injury a few weeks earlier than expected have to admit that he looks as dominant as ever.
Especially picky folks might have found a way to complain that the four points he scored in his first three games back were all assist, but the dynamic defenseman settled that on Thursday night. Karlsson, 22, found the net for his first goal since returning from that ailment in Game 1 of the Senators’ quarterfinals series against the Montreal Canadiens, giving Ottawa a 1-0 lead:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Yeah, it doesn’t look like he’s lost a step.
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 2
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 10
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 34
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 6
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 114
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 55
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 42
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20