May 2, 2013, 8:21 PM EDT
Even those who wondered if Erik Karlsson was taking a big risk by returning from his Achilles injury a few weeks earlier than expected have to admit that he looks as dominant as ever.
Especially picky folks might have found a way to complain that the four points he scored in his first three games back were all assist, but the dynamic defenseman settled that on Thursday night. Karlsson, 22, found the net for his first goal since returning from that ailment in Game 1 of the Senators’ quarterfinals series against the Montreal Canadiens, giving Ottawa a 1-0 lead:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Yeah, it doesn’t look like he’s lost a step.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40