May 2, 2013, 8:21 PM EDT
Even those who wondered if Erik Karlsson was taking a big risk by returning from his Achilles injury a few weeks earlier than expected have to admit that he looks as dominant as ever.
Especially picky folks might have found a way to complain that the four points he scored in his first three games back were all assist, but the dynamic defenseman settled that on Thursday night. Karlsson, 22, found the net for his first goal since returning from that ailment in Game 1 of the Senators’ quarterfinals series against the Montreal Canadiens, giving Ottawa a 1-0 lead:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Yeah, it doesn’t look like he’s lost a step.
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 27
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 26
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)