May 2, 2013, 10:11 PM EDT
The 2013 playoffs are sure to be two-plus months that regularly reinforce the notion that hockey players are really, really tough. Washington Capitals defenseman Steve Oleksy presented the latest entry in that epic, blocking a shot with his face during Game 1 against the New York Rangers on Thursday:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The Washington Post’s Dan Steinberg produced a screen cap of him almost looking annoyed at having to get his face touched up:
Of course, he returned in the third period, basically like nothing happened.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5