May 2, 2013, 10:11 PM EDT
The 2013 playoffs are sure to be two-plus months that regularly reinforce the notion that hockey players are really, really tough. Washington Capitals defenseman Steve Oleksy presented the latest entry in that epic, blocking a shot with his face during Game 1 against the New York Rangers on Thursday:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The Washington Post’s Dan Steinberg produced a screen cap of him almost looking annoyed at having to get his face touched up:
Of course, he returned in the third period, basically like nothing happened.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 0
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 17
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 24
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 23
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 17
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 53
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6