May 2, 2013, 2:36 PM EST
After an opening game loss in which they were out-shot 42-29, the Kings appear to be shaking things up at forward.
Anze Kopitar was reunited with usual linemates Dustin Brown and Justin Williams during Thursday’s morning skate — Kopitar spent last game with Jeff Carter and Kyle Clifford (and, eventually, Dustin Penner) — and head coach Darryl Sutter continued to tinker with his left wing alignment.
Sutter explained why after the skate.
“I didn’t like the way, quite honestly, our left wings matched up the other night,” he told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. “I’ve coached against Ken [Hitchcock] a lot and we know how he likes to use his matchups.”
“Some of the boys that play on our fourth line have to play like big boys,” he told Helene Elliott of the LA Times.
This was likely in response to his unit being largely outplayed by St. Louis’ CPR line — Adam Cracknell, Chris Porter and Ryan Reaves — who combined for 18 hits and set a physical tone LA’s fourth line failed to match.
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 2
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 6
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 2
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 24
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)