May 2, 2013, 2:36 PM EDT
After an opening game loss in which they were out-shot 42-29, the Kings appear to be shaking things up at forward.
Anze Kopitar was reunited with usual linemates Dustin Brown and Justin Williams during Thursday’s morning skate — Kopitar spent last game with Jeff Carter and Kyle Clifford (and, eventually, Dustin Penner) — and head coach Darryl Sutter continued to tinker with his left wing alignment.
Sutter explained why after the skate.
“I didn’t like the way, quite honestly, our left wings matched up the other night,” he told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. “I’ve coached against Ken [Hitchcock] a lot and we know how he likes to use his matchups.”
“Some of the boys that play on our fourth line have to play like big boys,” he told Helene Elliott of the LA Times.
This was likely in response to his unit being largely outplayed by St. Louis’ CPR line — Adam Cracknell, Chris Porter and Ryan Reaves — who combined for 18 hits and set a physical tone LA’s fourth line failed to match.
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 12
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 13
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)