May 2, 2013, 7:19 PM EDT
NHL teams aren’t particularly forthcoming with injury updates during the season,* so it probably shouldn’t be shocking that coaches are really clamming up for the postseason.
When asked about injured San Jose Sharks forward Martin Havlat and his (also banged-up) potential replacement Scott Gomez, head coach Todd McLellan was at least upfront to David Pollak of the Mercury News regarding the lack of information he’s willing to provide.
“It’s playoffs, guys. You know we’re not going to give you anything,” McLellan said. “I’ll save you the headache of asking.”
Havlat, 32, suffered an undisclosed ailment on Wednesday, forcing him to leave Game 1 against the Vancouver Canucks. Meanwhile, Gomez went down with a mystery issue of his own on April 23.
So, with all of that, McLellan would only say that he’ll know more on Friday.
Pollak thinks Gomez is first in line to replace Havlat. If the 33-year-old cannot go either, then Pollak guesses young forward Tim Kennedy will play instead.
Just don’t expect much of a straight answer from the Sharks.
* – It’s not like they save upper-body and lower-body descriptions for the playoffs any longer.
Apr 19, 2015, 9:02 PM EDT
There’s a doubleheader on NBCSN starting at 7:00 p.m. ET.
Apr 19, 2015, 9:01 PM EDT
He’s not the only member of the Senators playing a physical game.
Apr 19, 2015, 8:27 PM EDT
Game 4 on Tuesday will be big for Washington.
Apr 19, 2015, 7:45 PM EDT
“Maybe after we have our meeting in two weeks, maybe we have Jack Eichel at No. 1.”
Apr 19, 2015, 6:53 PM EDT
The 26-year-old rookie did everything he could to earn another start.
Apr 19, 2015, 6:06 PM EDT
Goaltender Pekka Rinne couldn’t bail his defense out.
Apr 19, 2015, 5:36 PM EDT
He also declared himself fine for Game 3.
Apr 19, 2015, 4:51 PM EDT
Goals coming in bunches in Chicago.
Apr 19, 2015, 4:10 PM EDT
They’re tied 1-1 after 1.
Apr 19, 2015, 3:32 PM EDT
They needed just 15-seconds of extra time.
Apr 19, 2015, 3:03 PM EDT
It’s his second of the series.
Apr 19, 2015, 2:30 PM EDT
Puck drop is at 3 p.m. ET
Apr 19, 2015, 2:05 PM EDT
He has his second of these playoffs.
Apr 19, 2015, 1:36 PM EDT
Andrew Desjardins could also be in for Chicago.
Apr 19, 2015, 1:10 PM EDT
Was injured on a hit from Kyle Okposo.
Apr 19, 2015, 12:51 PM EDT
He missed the second game of the series with an upper body injury.
Apr 19, 2015, 11:35 AM EDT
Puck drop is at 12 p.m. ET on NBC.
Apr 19, 2015, 11:06 AM EDT
Neil replaces Chiasson on Ottawa’s fourth line.
Apr 19, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
He’s missed six games with a right hand injury.
Apr 19, 2015, 9:55 AM EDT
Changes in the crease the theme of the day.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Without Shea Weber, Predators can’t contain Hawks in Game 3 13
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 19
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 5
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 13
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 87
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 70
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 167
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (167)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (87)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)