May 2, 2013, 10:33 PM EDT
Head coach Paul MacLean chalked it up to bad luck to the Montreal Gazette’s Dave Stubbs.
“[It was] a hockey play that went bad for Eller,” MacLean said.
Gryba, 25, provided a similar message to Sportsnet’s Ian Mendes.
“My elbow was down and there was no intent to hurt him whatsoever,” Gryba said. “I hope he’s okay … It’s never good seeing that.”
No word on whether or not Senators owner Eugene Melnyk will get his forensics team on the case, though. (Apologies, that joke was required.)
As you can see from this video, Jeremy Roenick and Keith Jones likely agree with Gryba and MacLean:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 0
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 11
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 18
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 13
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 7
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)