May 2, 2013, 10:33 PM EDT
Head coach Paul MacLean chalked it up to bad luck to the Montreal Gazette’s Dave Stubbs.
“[It was] a hockey play that went bad for Eller,” MacLean said.
Gryba, 25, provided a similar message to Sportsnet’s Ian Mendes.
“My elbow was down and there was no intent to hurt him whatsoever,” Gryba said. “I hope he’s okay … It’s never good seeing that.”
No word on whether or not Senators owner Eugene Melnyk will get his forensics team on the case, though. (Apologies, that joke was required.)
As you can see from this video, Jeremy Roenick and Keith Jones likely agree with Gryba and MacLean:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Lightning sign Brenden Morrow for one year 23
- Jackets sign Dubinsky through 2020-21 38
- AHL’s new overtime rules include 3-on-3 play 27
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration 64
- Armstrong lays out what Blues offered KHL-bound Sobotka 15
- Blues re-sign Ott; Sobotka to KHL? 35
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 62
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 170
- Jets can’t let Kane situation fester much longer 57
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery 59
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (170)
- Pros and cons of Subban filing for arbitration (67)
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration (64)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal (62)