May 2, 2013, 10:33 PM EDT
Head coach Paul MacLean chalked it up to bad luck to the Montreal Gazette’s Dave Stubbs.
“[It was] a hockey play that went bad for Eller,” MacLean said.
Gryba, 25, provided a similar message to Sportsnet’s Ian Mendes.
“My elbow was down and there was no intent to hurt him whatsoever,” Gryba said. “I hope he’s okay … It’s never good seeing that.”
No word on whether or not Senators owner Eugene Melnyk will get his forensics team on the case, though. (Apologies, that joke was required.)
As you can see from this video, Jeremy Roenick and Keith Jones likely agree with Gryba and MacLean:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 5
- Five big games to watch this weekend 6
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 32
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 28
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 35
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 14
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 54
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (54)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)