May 2, 2013, 10:33 PM EDT
Head coach Paul MacLean chalked it up to bad luck to the Montreal Gazette’s Dave Stubbs.
“[It was] a hockey play that went bad for Eller,” MacLean said.
Gryba, 25, provided a similar message to Sportsnet’s Ian Mendes.
“My elbow was down and there was no intent to hurt him whatsoever,” Gryba said. “I hope he’s okay … It’s never good seeing that.”
No word on whether or not Senators owner Eugene Melnyk will get his forensics team on the case, though. (Apologies, that joke was required.)
As you can see from this video, Jeremy Roenick and Keith Jones likely agree with Gryba and MacLean:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 0
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 0
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 19
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 3
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 45