May 2, 2013, 11:26 AM EDT
Ryan Suter set a Minnesota Wild franchise record in Game one of the Western Conference quarterfinal against Chicago, logging 41:08 of ice time — smashing the club’s old mark by nearly five minutes.
It was a performance that drew admiration from his teammate, Zach Parise.
“It’s unreal,” Parise told the Minnesota Star-Tribune. “He comes off the ice after what seems like a two-minute shift, and he’s not even breathing heavy.
“I don’t get it. I wish I was the same way.”
Suter played 41 shifts on Tuesday and logged at least 9:50 in each period played, including 10:10 of an overtime period that only lasted 16:35.
Not that shouldering heavy minutes is anything new.
Suter was an absolute workhorse down the stretch for Minnesota, playing over 30 minutes in three of the last four games of the year.
That stretch culminated with a season-high 32:54 in a 3-1 win over Colorado in the season finale, a game the Wild won 3-1 to book their spot in the playoffs.
The 28-year-old said he felt gopd on Wednesday back home in Minnesota, less than 24 hours after his epic performance.
“Body feels fine, just getting ready for the next one,” Suter told NHL.com. “It feels good to come in, hang out and just go over a few things.”
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 0
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 32
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)