May 2, 2013, 2:15 PM EDT
The Rangers will be shorthanded upon opening their opening-round playoff series against Washington on Thursday.
Staal, Boyle and Dorsett all skated Thursday morning while Clowe stayed off the ice — though he did travel to Washington with the club.
As for where each guy is at, health-wise…
Clowe: Missed the final game of the regular season — a 4-0 win over New Jersey — after hurting what first appeared to be his leg against Carolina.
Boyle: Missed the final six games of the regular season with a right leg injury, stemming from a hit by Philly blueliner Luke Schenn on April 16.
His participation in practice today was the first time he’s skated with teammates since suffering the injury.
Staal: Out since Mar. 5 with an eye injury. Closer to returning than ever before, but still hesitant given he’s still experiencing slightly blurred vision.
“As soon as I’m not second-guessing myself or hesitating and doing things I normally do become automatic is when I can jump into a playoff-type game,” he told the Daily News. “You go out there in a playoff game and you’re thinking too much, you’re going to get yourself in trouble and the team.”
Dorsett: Out since early March after breaking his collarbone, the former Blue Jacket sounds as though he’s preparing to return to game action and make his Rangers debut at some point during opening round.
“You can’t predict,” he explained. “But if everything keeps going the way it has and there are no setbacks, I hope to be ready sometime during this series.”
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 5
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 21
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 86
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 81
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 0
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 17
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (87)
- Stoll charged with cocaine possession, but not MDMA possession (82)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (81)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)