May 2, 2013, 2:15 PM EDT
The Rangers will be shorthanded upon opening their opening-round playoff series against Washington on Thursday.
Staal, Boyle and Dorsett all skated Thursday morning while Clowe stayed off the ice — though he did travel to Washington with the club.
As for where each guy is at, health-wise…
Clowe: Missed the final game of the regular season — a 4-0 win over New Jersey — after hurting what first appeared to be his leg against Carolina.
Boyle: Missed the final six games of the regular season with a right leg injury, stemming from a hit by Philly blueliner Luke Schenn on April 16.
His participation in practice today was the first time he’s skated with teammates since suffering the injury.
Staal: Out since Mar. 5 with an eye injury. Closer to returning than ever before, but still hesitant given he’s still experiencing slightly blurred vision.
“As soon as I’m not second-guessing myself or hesitating and doing things I normally do become automatic is when I can jump into a playoff-type game,” he told the Daily News. “You go out there in a playoff game and you’re thinking too much, you’re going to get yourself in trouble and the team.”
Dorsett: Out since early March after breaking his collarbone, the former Blue Jacket sounds as though he’s preparing to return to game action and make his Rangers debut at some point during opening round.
“You can’t predict,” he explained. “But if everything keeps going the way it has and there are no setbacks, I hope to be ready sometime during this series.”
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 6
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 15
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 56
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)