May 2, 2013, 2:15 PM EST
The Rangers will be shorthanded upon opening their opening-round playoff series against Washington on Thursday.
Staal, Boyle and Dorsett all skated Thursday morning while Clowe stayed off the ice — though he did travel to Washington with the club.
As for where each guy is at, health-wise…
Clowe: Missed the final game of the regular season — a 4-0 win over New Jersey — after hurting what first appeared to be his leg against Carolina.
Boyle: Missed the final six games of the regular season with a right leg injury, stemming from a hit by Philly blueliner Luke Schenn on April 16.
His participation in practice today was the first time he’s skated with teammates since suffering the injury.
Staal: Out since Mar. 5 with an eye injury. Closer to returning than ever before, but still hesitant given he’s still experiencing slightly blurred vision.
“As soon as I’m not second-guessing myself or hesitating and doing things I normally do become automatic is when I can jump into a playoff-type game,” he told the Daily News. “You go out there in a playoff game and you’re thinking too much, you’re going to get yourself in trouble and the team.”
Dorsett: Out since early March after breaking his collarbone, the former Blue Jacket sounds as though he’s preparing to return to game action and make his Rangers debut at some point during opening round.
“You can’t predict,” he explained. “But if everything keeps going the way it has and there are no setbacks, I hope to be ready sometime during this series.”
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 4
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 6
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 10
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 27
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)