May 2, 2013, 2:15 PM EDT
The Rangers will be shorthanded upon opening their opening-round playoff series against Washington on Thursday.
Staal, Boyle and Dorsett all skated Thursday morning while Clowe stayed off the ice — though he did travel to Washington with the club.
As for where each guy is at, health-wise…
Clowe: Missed the final game of the regular season — a 4-0 win over New Jersey — after hurting what first appeared to be his leg against Carolina.
Boyle: Missed the final six games of the regular season with a right leg injury, stemming from a hit by Philly blueliner Luke Schenn on April 16.
His participation in practice today was the first time he’s skated with teammates since suffering the injury.
Staal: Out since Mar. 5 with an eye injury. Closer to returning than ever before, but still hesitant given he’s still experiencing slightly blurred vision.
“As soon as I’m not second-guessing myself or hesitating and doing things I normally do become automatic is when I can jump into a playoff-type game,” he told the Daily News. “You go out there in a playoff game and you’re thinking too much, you’re going to get yourself in trouble and the team.”
Dorsett: Out since early March after breaking his collarbone, the former Blue Jacket sounds as though he’s preparing to return to game action and make his Rangers debut at some point during opening round.
“You can’t predict,” he explained. “But if everything keeps going the way it has and there are no setbacks, I hope to be ready sometime during this series.”
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)