May 2, 2013, 12:02 PM EDT
New York Islanders forward Marty Reasoner won’t face any supplemental discipline after kneeing Pittsburgh’s Jussi Jokinen during Game 1 of the Eastern Conference quarterfinals, an NHL spokesman confirmed.
Reasoner was given a five-minute major and game misconduct for this hit with 2:10 remaining and the score 5-0 in favor of the Penguins:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Replays suggest this may have been more of a trip than a knee, with Reasoner making the majority of contact with Jokinen’s skate and shin.
Jokinen left the contest and didn’t return, but was back on the ice for Thursday’s practice.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)