May 2, 2013, 12:02 PM EDT
New York Islanders forward Marty Reasoner won’t face any supplemental discipline after kneeing Pittsburgh’s Jussi Jokinen during Game 1 of the Eastern Conference quarterfinals, an NHL spokesman confirmed.
Reasoner was given a five-minute major and game misconduct for this hit with 2:10 remaining and the score 5-0 in favor of the Penguins:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Replays suggest this may have been more of a trip than a knee, with Reasoner making the majority of contact with Jokinen’s skate and shin.
Jokinen left the contest and didn’t return, but was back on the ice for Thursday’s practice.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 115
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (115)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (40)