May 2, 2013, 12:02 PM EST
New York Islanders forward Marty Reasoner won’t face any supplemental discipline after kneeing Pittsburgh’s Jussi Jokinen during Game 1 of the Eastern Conference quarterfinals, an NHL spokesman confirmed.
Reasoner was given a five-minute major and game misconduct for this hit with 2:10 remaining and the score 5-0 in favor of the Penguins:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Replays suggest this may have been more of a trip than a knee, with Reasoner making the majority of contact with Jokinen’s skate and shin.
Jokinen left the contest and didn’t return, but was back on the ice for Thursday’s practice.
- Luongo leaves game, Panthers in bind with Montoya also hurt 1
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 22
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)