May 2, 2013, 12:02 PM EDT
New York Islanders forward Marty Reasoner won’t face any supplemental discipline after kneeing Pittsburgh’s Jussi Jokinen during Game 1 of the Eastern Conference quarterfinals, an NHL spokesman confirmed.
Reasoner was given a five-minute major and game misconduct for this hit with 2:10 remaining and the score 5-0 in favor of the Penguins:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Replays suggest this may have been more of a trip than a knee, with Reasoner making the majority of contact with Jokinen’s skate and shin.
Jokinen left the contest and didn’t return, but was back on the ice for Thursday’s practice.
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 1
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 5
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 9
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 1
- Chara suffers undisclosed issue, won’t return on Thursday 14
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)