May 2, 2013, 12:02 PM EDT
New York Islanders forward Marty Reasoner won’t face any supplemental discipline after kneeing Pittsburgh’s Jussi Jokinen during Game 1 of the Eastern Conference quarterfinals, an NHL spokesman confirmed.
Reasoner was given a five-minute major and game misconduct for this hit with 2:10 remaining and the score 5-0 in favor of the Penguins:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Replays suggest this may have been more of a trip than a knee, with Reasoner making the majority of contact with Jokinen’s skate and shin.
Jokinen left the contest and didn’t return, but was back on the ice for Thursday’s practice.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)