May 2, 2013, 7:55 AM EDT
If there was a player for San Jose heading into the Canucks-Sharks series that was worth keeping an eye on it was Logan Couture. We pointed out how he’s been an elite player recently and his performance in the Sharks 3-1 win in Game 1 proved it true.
Sharks coach Todd McLellan was equally as impressed with his play as Kevin Kurz of CSNBayArea.com shares.
“Logan elevated his play again tonight,” McLellan said. “Very good in all three zones, was a catalyst on the power play, very good on the penalty kill. It sounds like we’re talking about a hell of a player, and that’s what he is.”
A hell of a player and a hell of a performance as Couture had a goal and an assist in the victory. Having him playing at this kind of level alongside other top stars like Joe Thornton and Patrick Marleau shows why the Sharks are one of the more dangerous teams in the playoffs. That’s a lesson the Canucks learned quickly last night.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (58)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)