May 2, 2013, 9:20 PM EST
The Montreal Canadiens provided an update regarding the condition of forward Lars Eller on Thursday night. The bad news is that he’s been taken to the hospital, but on the bright side, the team announced that he’s “conscious and alert.”
While the Habs call it a “head and facial injury,” RDS’ Renaud Lavoie believes that his nose was broken and that he might have lost some teeth.
As mentioned in this post (which includes video of the check), the Montreal Gazette’s Dave Stubbs observed the 23-year-old forward leaving on a stretcher and stated that a concussion is a strong possibility.
The team said he’ll remain under observation at the hospital, so we’ll keep an eye out for more information on the young forward’s status.
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 21
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 19
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 22
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 44
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 9