May 2, 2013, 9:20 PM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens provided an update regarding the condition of forward Lars Eller on Thursday night. The bad news is that he’s been taken to the hospital, but on the bright side, the team announced that he’s “conscious and alert.”
While the Habs call it a “head and facial injury,” RDS’ Renaud Lavoie believes that his nose was broken and that he might have lost some teeth.
As mentioned in this post (which includes video of the check), the Montreal Gazette’s Dave Stubbs observed the 23-year-old forward leaving on a stretcher and stated that a concussion is a strong possibility.
The team said he’ll remain under observation at the hospital, so we’ll keep an eye out for more information on the young forward’s status.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)