May 2, 2013, 9:20 PM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens provided an update regarding the condition of forward Lars Eller on Thursday night. The bad news is that he’s been taken to the hospital, but on the bright side, the team announced that he’s “conscious and alert.”
While the Habs call it a “head and facial injury,” RDS’ Renaud Lavoie believes that his nose was broken and that he might have lost some teeth.
As mentioned in this post (which includes video of the check), the Montreal Gazette’s Dave Stubbs observed the 23-year-old forward leaving on a stretcher and stated that a concussion is a strong possibility.
The team said he’ll remain under observation at the hospital, so we’ll keep an eye out for more information on the young forward’s status.
- Under Pressure: Turris, MacArthur & Ryan 1
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 7
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47