May 2, 2013, 9:20 PM EST
The Montreal Canadiens provided an update regarding the condition of forward Lars Eller on Thursday night. The bad news is that he’s been taken to the hospital, but on the bright side, the team announced that he’s “conscious and alert.”
While the Habs call it a “head and facial injury,” RDS’ Renaud Lavoie believes that his nose was broken and that he might have lost some teeth.
As mentioned in this post (which includes video of the check), the Montreal Gazette’s Dave Stubbs observed the 23-year-old forward leaving on a stretcher and stated that a concussion is a strong possibility.
The team said he’ll remain under observation at the hospital, so we’ll keep an eye out for more information on the young forward’s status.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 65
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (149)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)