May 2, 2013, 9:20 PM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens provided an update regarding the condition of forward Lars Eller on Thursday night. The bad news is that he’s been taken to the hospital, but on the bright side, the team announced that he’s “conscious and alert.”
While the Habs call it a “head and facial injury,” RDS’ Renaud Lavoie believes that his nose was broken and that he might have lost some teeth.
As mentioned in this post (which includes video of the check), the Montreal Gazette’s Dave Stubbs observed the 23-year-old forward leaving on a stretcher and stated that a concussion is a strong possibility.
The team said he’ll remain under observation at the hospital, so we’ll keep an eye out for more information on the young forward’s status.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 12
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 13
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)