May 2, 2013, 9:39 PM EDT
Goalies might just want to avoid warming up in the 2013 playoffs.
Minnesota Wild netminder Niklas Backstrom was injured before Game 1 of his team’s series and now it looks like Los Angeles Kings star Jonathan Quick was banged-up in the pregame bit preceding his squad’s Game 2 match against the St. Louis Blues.
It looks like he might just fight through it, however, as the Kings’ Twitter page notes that he’s still listed in the team’s starting lineup.
If Quick decides to bail mid-game, the team at least has a capable backup in Jonathan Bernier. At the moment, it appears that Quick will gut it out, though.
Either way, it makes you wonder if teams might decide to keep goalie warm-ups pretty minimal in the postseason.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 12
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 20
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)