May 2, 2013, 9:39 PM EST
Goalies might just want to avoid warming up in the 2013 playoffs.
Minnesota Wild netminder Niklas Backstrom was injured before Game 1 of his team’s series and now it looks like Los Angeles Kings star Jonathan Quick was banged-up in the pregame bit preceding his squad’s Game 2 match against the St. Louis Blues.
It looks like he might just fight through it, however, as the Kings’ Twitter page notes that he’s still listed in the team’s starting lineup.
If Quick decides to bail mid-game, the team at least has a capable backup in Jonathan Bernier. At the moment, it appears that Quick will gut it out, though.
Either way, it makes you wonder if teams might decide to keep goalie warm-ups pretty minimal in the postseason.
- Devils fire DeBoer 5
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 1
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 8
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 9
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)