May 2, 2013, 9:39 PM EDT
Goalies might just want to avoid warming up in the 2013 playoffs.
Minnesota Wild netminder Niklas Backstrom was injured before Game 1 of his team’s series and now it looks like Los Angeles Kings star Jonathan Quick was banged-up in the pregame bit preceding his squad’s Game 2 match against the St. Louis Blues.
It looks like he might just fight through it, however, as the Kings’ Twitter page notes that he’s still listed in the team’s starting lineup.
If Quick decides to bail mid-game, the team at least has a capable backup in Jonathan Bernier. At the moment, it appears that Quick will gut it out, though.
Either way, it makes you wonder if teams might decide to keep goalie warm-ups pretty minimal in the postseason.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 13
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 3
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 26
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)