May 2, 2013, 9:39 PM EDT
Goalies might just want to avoid warming up in the 2013 playoffs.
Minnesota Wild netminder Niklas Backstrom was injured before Game 1 of his team’s series and now it looks like Los Angeles Kings star Jonathan Quick was banged-up in the pregame bit preceding his squad’s Game 2 match against the St. Louis Blues.
It looks like he might just fight through it, however, as the Kings’ Twitter page notes that he’s still listed in the team’s starting lineup.
If Quick decides to bail mid-game, the team at least has a capable backup in Jonathan Bernier. At the moment, it appears that Quick will gut it out, though.
Either way, it makes you wonder if teams might decide to keep goalie warm-ups pretty minimal in the postseason.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 0
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 51
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (54)