May 2, 2013, 9:39 PM EST
Goalies might just want to avoid warming up in the 2013 playoffs.
Minnesota Wild netminder Niklas Backstrom was injured before Game 1 of his team’s series and now it looks like Los Angeles Kings star Jonathan Quick was banged-up in the pregame bit preceding his squad’s Game 2 match against the St. Louis Blues.
It looks like he might just fight through it, however, as the Kings’ Twitter page notes that he’s still listed in the team’s starting lineup.
If Quick decides to bail mid-game, the team at least has a capable backup in Jonathan Bernier. At the moment, it appears that Quick will gut it out, though.
Either way, it makes you wonder if teams might decide to keep goalie warm-ups pretty minimal in the postseason.
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 58
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 3
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 11
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 86
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (86)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (79)