May 2, 2013, 10:48 PM EDT
While there were plenty of debates about whether Eric Gryba deserves a suspension for his hit on Lars Eller, people seemed pretty unified about the Raphael Diaz pass that seemingly put Eller in a vulnerable position.
Habs head coach Michel Therrien didn’t throw Diaz, 27, under the bus to the Montreal Gazette’s Dave Stubbs, though.
“I’m not going to blame Raphael,” Therrien said.
That’s as much as Therrien would say about the hit out of fear of being fined.
The Canadiens coach has developed a reputation as a taskmaster over the years, but he didn’t beat up on his team for a 4-2 loss, either.
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 5
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 9
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 12
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)