May 2, 2013, 10:48 PM EDT
While there were plenty of debates about whether Eric Gryba deserves a suspension for his hit on Lars Eller, people seemed pretty unified about the Raphael Diaz pass that seemingly put Eller in a vulnerable position.
Habs head coach Michel Therrien didn’t throw Diaz, 27, under the bus to the Montreal Gazette’s Dave Stubbs, though.
“I’m not going to blame Raphael,” Therrien said.
That’s as much as Therrien would say about the hit out of fear of being fined.
The Canadiens coach has developed a reputation as a taskmaster over the years, but he didn’t beat up on his team for a 4-2 loss, either.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 45
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)