May 2, 2013, 10:48 PM EST
While there were plenty of debates about whether Eric Gryba deserves a suspension for his hit on Lars Eller, people seemed pretty unified about the Raphael Diaz pass that seemingly put Eller in a vulnerable position.
Habs head coach Michel Therrien didn’t throw Diaz, 27, under the bus to the Montreal Gazette’s Dave Stubbs, though.
“I’m not going to blame Raphael,” Therrien said.
That’s as much as Therrien would say about the hit out of fear of being fined.
The Canadiens coach has developed a reputation as a taskmaster over the years, but he didn’t beat up on his team for a 4-2 loss, either.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 58
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 73
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (143)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (73)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)