May 2, 2013, 10:48 PM EDT
While there were plenty of debates about whether Eric Gryba deserves a suspension for his hit on Lars Eller, people seemed pretty unified about the Raphael Diaz pass that seemingly put Eller in a vulnerable position.
Habs head coach Michel Therrien didn’t throw Diaz, 27, under the bus to the Montreal Gazette’s Dave Stubbs, though.
“I’m not going to blame Raphael,” Therrien said.
That’s as much as Therrien would say about the hit out of fear of being fined.
The Canadiens coach has developed a reputation as a taskmaster over the years, but he didn’t beat up on his team for a 4-2 loss, either.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 16
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39