May 2, 2013, 12:31 PM EDT
While he’s yet to officially receive medical clearance from his broken jaw, Sidney Crosby continues to look like a player prepping to get back into the lineup.
On Thursday, Crosby again participated in Pittsburgh’s practice — but this time, he skated with usual linemaes Chris Kunitz and Pascal Dupuis, a promotion from the “fifth-liners” he was skating with yesterday.
Rob Rossi of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports Crosby was also practicing with the first power play unit.
The Pens opened their Eastern Conference quarterfinal against the Isles on Wednesday with a 5-0 win and won’t play again until Friday, leaving Crosby and the organization another day to update playing status.
While Wednesday’s blowout might suggest there’s no need to rush him back, the Pens did lose forward James Neal to a possible ankle injury (currently listed as lower-body) on a hit from New York defenseman Travis Hamonic.
Neal left the game and didn’t return, and didn’t participate in Thursday’s practice.
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 3
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 6
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Miller suffers upper body injury in Bruins win 3
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ 45
- Report: Islanders were sold for $485 million 8
- Scrivens believes Oilers are ‘starting to build winning habits’ 9
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (119)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (53)