May 2, 2013, 12:31 PM EST
While he’s yet to officially receive medical clearance from his broken jaw, Sidney Crosby continues to look like a player prepping to get back into the lineup.
On Thursday, Crosby again participated in Pittsburgh’s practice — but this time, he skated with usual linemaes Chris Kunitz and Pascal Dupuis, a promotion from the “fifth-liners” he was skating with yesterday.
Rob Rossi of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports Crosby was also practicing with the first power play unit.
The Pens opened their Eastern Conference quarterfinal against the Isles on Wednesday with a 5-0 win and won’t play again until Friday, leaving Crosby and the organization another day to update playing status.
While Wednesday’s blowout might suggest there’s no need to rush him back, the Pens did lose forward James Neal to a possible ankle injury (currently listed as lower-body) on a hit from New York defenseman Travis Hamonic.
Neal left the game and didn’t return, and didn’t participate in Thursday’s practice.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)