May 2, 2013, 12:31 PM EDT
While he’s yet to officially receive medical clearance from his broken jaw, Sidney Crosby continues to look like a player prepping to get back into the lineup.
On Thursday, Crosby again participated in Pittsburgh’s practice — but this time, he skated with usual linemaes Chris Kunitz and Pascal Dupuis, a promotion from the “fifth-liners” he was skating with yesterday.
Rob Rossi of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports Crosby was also practicing with the first power play unit.
The Pens opened their Eastern Conference quarterfinal against the Isles on Wednesday with a 5-0 win and won’t play again until Friday, leaving Crosby and the organization another day to update playing status.
While Wednesday’s blowout might suggest there’s no need to rush him back, the Pens did lose forward James Neal to a possible ankle injury (currently listed as lower-body) on a hit from New York defenseman Travis Hamonic.
Neal left the game and didn’t return, and didn’t participate in Thursday’s practice.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)