May 2, 2013, 12:31 PM EDT
While he’s yet to officially receive medical clearance from his broken jaw, Sidney Crosby continues to look like a player prepping to get back into the lineup.
On Thursday, Crosby again participated in Pittsburgh’s practice — but this time, he skated with usual linemaes Chris Kunitz and Pascal Dupuis, a promotion from the “fifth-liners” he was skating with yesterday.
Rob Rossi of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports Crosby was also practicing with the first power play unit.
The Pens opened their Eastern Conference quarterfinal against the Isles on Wednesday with a 5-0 win and won’t play again until Friday, leaving Crosby and the organization another day to update playing status.
While Wednesday’s blowout might suggest there’s no need to rush him back, the Pens did lose forward James Neal to a possible ankle injury (currently listed as lower-body) on a hit from New York defenseman Travis Hamonic.
Neal left the game and didn’t return, and didn’t participate in Thursday’s practice.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 70
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)