May 2, 2013, 3:11 PM EDT
Veteran forward Todd Bertuzzi will return to the Red Wings’ lineup tonight in Anaheim as Detroit seeks to even up its first-round series with the Ducks.
To make room for the big 38-year-old, forward Jordin Tootoo will be scratched.
Bertuzzi hasn’t played since Feb. 7. He had a pinched nerve in his back most of the time he was out, but was a healthy scratch the last two games of the regular season as head coach Mike Babcock decided not to tinker with a successful lineup.
The Wings weren’t very successful in Game 1 though, so in comes Bertuzzi.
In seven regular-season games, Bertuzzi had two goals and an assist.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 46
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 68
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)