May 2, 2013, 3:11 PM EST
Veteran forward Todd Bertuzzi will return to the Red Wings’ lineup tonight in Anaheim as Detroit seeks to even up its first-round series with the Ducks.
To make room for the big 38-year-old, forward Jordin Tootoo will be scratched.
Bertuzzi hasn’t played since Feb. 7. He had a pinched nerve in his back most of the time he was out, but was a healthy scratch the last two games of the regular season as head coach Mike Babcock decided not to tinker with a successful lineup.
The Wings weren’t very successful in Game 1 though, so in comes Bertuzzi.
In seven regular-season games, Bertuzzi had two goals and an assist.
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 4
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 4
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 2
- Devils fire DeBoer 20
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 4
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 18
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)