May 2, 2013, 3:11 PM EST
Veteran forward Todd Bertuzzi will return to the Red Wings’ lineup tonight in Anaheim as Detroit seeks to even up its first-round series with the Ducks.
To make room for the big 38-year-old, forward Jordin Tootoo will be scratched.
Bertuzzi hasn’t played since Feb. 7. He had a pinched nerve in his back most of the time he was out, but was a healthy scratch the last two games of the regular season as head coach Mike Babcock decided not to tinker with a successful lineup.
The Wings weren’t very successful in Game 1 though, so in comes Bertuzzi.
In seven regular-season games, Bertuzzi had two goals and an assist.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 0
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 6
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 9
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 24
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)