May 2, 2013, 3:11 PM EDT
Veteran forward Todd Bertuzzi will return to the Red Wings’ lineup tonight in Anaheim as Detroit seeks to even up its first-round series with the Ducks.
To make room for the big 38-year-old, forward Jordin Tootoo will be scratched.
Bertuzzi hasn’t played since Feb. 7. He had a pinched nerve in his back most of the time he was out, but was a healthy scratch the last two games of the regular season as head coach Mike Babcock decided not to tinker with a successful lineup.
The Wings weren’t very successful in Game 1 though, so in comes Bertuzzi.
In seven regular-season games, Bertuzzi had two goals and an assist.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 0
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 1
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 4
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5