May 2, 2013, 3:11 PM EDT
Veteran forward Todd Bertuzzi will return to the Red Wings’ lineup tonight in Anaheim as Detroit seeks to even up its first-round series with the Ducks.
To make room for the big 38-year-old, forward Jordin Tootoo will be scratched.
Bertuzzi hasn’t played since Feb. 7. He had a pinched nerve in his back most of the time he was out, but was a healthy scratch the last two games of the regular season as head coach Mike Babcock decided not to tinker with a successful lineup.
The Wings weren’t very successful in Game 1 though, so in comes Bertuzzi.
In seven regular-season games, Bertuzzi had two goals and an assist.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 72
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)