May 1, 2013, 9:36 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins have made life pretty miserable for the New York Islanders in Game 1 on Wednesday so far. While John Tavares might be in the running for the toughest night, No. 1 goalie Evgeni Nabokov might be the winner.
He looked shaken up after taking a shot to the face and was replaced by Kevin Poulin after allowing the Penguins’ fourth goal early in the second period. Here’s a video clip that succinctly captures the 37-year-old netminder’s struggles:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 5
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 9
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2