May 1, 2013, 10:55 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins’ 5-0 Game 1 win against the New York Islanders ended with some controversy on Wednesday, as Isles forward Marty Reasoner was ejected for this leg-to-leg hit on Penguins scorer Jussi Jokinen:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
That caused quite the parade to the penalty box.
Reasoner received a game misconduct and five-minute major for kneeing. Among the other players who received game misconducts for the ensuing scrum: Islanders Matt Moulson and Casey Cizikas along with Penguins Douglas Murray, Pascal Dupuis and Jarome Iginla.
Reasoner, 36, doesn’t really have a lengthy history of questionable hits, but he might get a call from the league nonetheless.
Jokinen, 30, looked shaken up by that hit, but if you’re looking for clarity, you might have to wait. Penguins head coach Dan Bylsma didn’t seem interested in giving injury updates regarding Jokinen or James Neal after the game.
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 1
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 9
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 11
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)