May 1, 2013, 10:55 PM EST
The Pittsburgh Penguins’ 5-0 Game 1 win against the New York Islanders ended with some controversy on Wednesday, as Isles forward Marty Reasoner was ejected for this leg-to-leg hit on Penguins scorer Jussi Jokinen:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
That caused quite the parade to the penalty box.
Reasoner received a game misconduct and five-minute major for kneeing. Among the other players who received game misconducts for the ensuing scrum: Islanders Matt Moulson and Casey Cizikas along with Penguins Douglas Murray, Pascal Dupuis and Jarome Iginla.
Reasoner, 36, doesn’t really have a lengthy history of questionable hits, but he might get a call from the league nonetheless.
Jokinen, 30, looked shaken up by that hit, but if you’re looking for clarity, you might have to wait. Penguins head coach Dan Bylsma didn’t seem interested in giving injury updates regarding Jokinen or James Neal after the game.
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 2
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 5
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 5
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 19
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 16
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 24
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)