May 1, 2013, 10:55 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins’ 5-0 Game 1 win against the New York Islanders ended with some controversy on Wednesday, as Isles forward Marty Reasoner was ejected for this leg-to-leg hit on Penguins scorer Jussi Jokinen:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
That caused quite the parade to the penalty box.
Reasoner received a game misconduct and five-minute major for kneeing. Among the other players who received game misconducts for the ensuing scrum: Islanders Matt Moulson and Casey Cizikas along with Penguins Douglas Murray, Pascal Dupuis and Jarome Iginla.
Reasoner, 36, doesn’t really have a lengthy history of questionable hits, but he might get a call from the league nonetheless.
Jokinen, 30, looked shaken up by that hit, but if you’re looking for clarity, you might have to wait. Penguins head coach Dan Bylsma didn’t seem interested in giving injury updates regarding Jokinen or James Neal after the game.
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 0
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 12
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 10
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 20
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 41
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)