May 1, 2013, 10:55 PM EST
The Pittsburgh Penguins’ 5-0 Game 1 win against the New York Islanders ended with some controversy on Wednesday, as Isles forward Marty Reasoner was ejected for this leg-to-leg hit on Penguins scorer Jussi Jokinen:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
That caused quite the parade to the penalty box.
Reasoner received a game misconduct and five-minute major for kneeing. Among the other players who received game misconducts for the ensuing scrum: Islanders Matt Moulson and Casey Cizikas along with Penguins Douglas Murray, Pascal Dupuis and Jarome Iginla.
Reasoner, 36, doesn’t really have a lengthy history of questionable hits, but he might get a call from the league nonetheless.
Jokinen, 30, looked shaken up by that hit, but if you’re looking for clarity, you might have to wait. Penguins head coach Dan Bylsma didn’t seem interested in giving injury updates regarding Jokinen or James Neal after the game.
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 3
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 28
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 36
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 30
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 55
- NHL watching 3-on-3 OT in the AHL closely 12
- Sens’ Murray hopes to bring cancer awareness 5
- Pens’ Dupuis has blood clot in lung, out six months 25
- It’s not all Carlyle’s fault, but the Leafs’ coach is failing at his job 12
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (55)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)
- Bettman calls Panthers relocation speculation ‘unfounded’ (36)