May 1, 2013, 10:55 PM EST
The Pittsburgh Penguins’ 5-0 Game 1 win against the New York Islanders ended with some controversy on Wednesday, as Isles forward Marty Reasoner was ejected for this leg-to-leg hit on Penguins scorer Jussi Jokinen:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
That caused quite the parade to the penalty box.
Reasoner received a game misconduct and five-minute major for kneeing. Among the other players who received game misconducts for the ensuing scrum: Islanders Matt Moulson and Casey Cizikas along with Penguins Douglas Murray, Pascal Dupuis and Jarome Iginla.
Reasoner, 36, doesn’t really have a lengthy history of questionable hits, but he might get a call from the league nonetheless.
Jokinen, 30, looked shaken up by that hit, but if you’re looking for clarity, you might have to wait. Penguins head coach Dan Bylsma didn’t seem interested in giving injury updates regarding Jokinen or James Neal after the game.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 3
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 11
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 19
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)