May 1, 2013, 2:18 AM EDT
When it came to offence, the Detroit Red Wings couldn’t get much going.
Especially through the first two periods, when they fired a paltry 11 shots on Anaheim Ducks goalie Jonas Hiller. The end result was a 3-1 loss for the Red Wings, who fall behind 1-0 in their first-round series with the Ducks.
It wasn’t until the third period, when the Red Wings were down a goal, that there was any kind of sustained attack.
“We couldn’t really sustain any pressure and time in their end. We were mostly one and done,” said Zetterberg, the Red Wings’ captain, as per a tweet from Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press.
Added Red Wings head coach Mike Babcock to NHL.com: “My biggest concern is that we looked exactly as we did in the first 20 or 25 games of the season, where we couldn’t move the puck on the back [end],” he said.
“We weren’t efficient. We weren’t a five-man unit. We didn’t look organized in that way. We weren’t relentless in the offensive zone because we came with speed. When you spend so much time in your own zone, you spend much time in the offensive zone.”
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 3
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 2
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 14
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 33
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 5
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)