May 1, 2013, 11:03 AM EDT
While many expected Pittsburgh captain Sidney Crosby (broken jaw) to be ready for the first game of the playoffs, that may not be the case based on the Penguins’ morning skate ahead of tonight’s series-opener versus the Islanders.
It may be that Crosby is a game-time decision. Or, it could be his doctors have yet to give him the OK.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 22
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 52
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39