May 1, 2013, 11:03 AM EDT
While many expected Pittsburgh captain Sidney Crosby (broken jaw) to be ready for the first game of the playoffs, that may not be the case based on the Penguins’ morning skate ahead of tonight’s series-opener versus the Islanders.
It may be that Crosby is a game-time decision. Or, it could be his doctors have yet to give him the OK.
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally with at MSG 8
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 17
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 22
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 22
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 47
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 135
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51