May 1, 2013, 11:03 AM EST
While many expected Pittsburgh captain Sidney Crosby (broken jaw) to be ready for the first game of the playoffs, that may not be the case based on the Penguins’ morning skate ahead of tonight’s series-opener versus the Islanders.
It may be that Crosby is a game-time decision. Or, it could be his doctors have yet to give him the OK.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 18
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 60
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5