May 1, 2013, 11:03 AM EST
While many expected Pittsburgh captain Sidney Crosby (broken jaw) to be ready for the first game of the playoffs, that may not be the case based on the Penguins’ morning skate ahead of tonight’s series-opener versus the Islanders.
It may be that Crosby is a game-time decision. Or, it could be his doctors have yet to give him the OK.
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35