May 1, 2013, 11:03 AM EDT
While many expected Pittsburgh captain Sidney Crosby (broken jaw) to be ready for the first game of the playoffs, that may not be the case based on the Penguins’ morning skate ahead of tonight’s series-opener versus the Islanders.
It may be that Crosby is a game-time decision. Or, it could be his doctors have yet to give him the OK.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5