May 1, 2013, 11:57 AM EDT
Crosby has been out of the Pittsburgh lineup since March 30, when he broke his jaw in a game against the Islanders.
Yesterday, his doctor said he still needed time to heal.
“He said everything was good,” Crosby said, per the Post-Gazette. “He just wasn’t prepared to declare me (ready) to play. Obviously, I would have loved to have had a chance to play tonight, but that’s not the way it is.
“I wanted to make sure I’m ready when the time comes.”
The Penguins went 8-4-0 without Crosby after he was injured.
For more on the series, click here.
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 15
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 18
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 16
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 50
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 57
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (61)