May 1, 2013, 11:57 AM EDT
Crosby has been out of the Pittsburgh lineup since March 30, when he broke his jaw in a game against the Islanders.
Yesterday, his doctor said he still needed time to heal.
“He said everything was good,” Crosby said, per the Post-Gazette. “He just wasn’t prepared to declare me (ready) to play. Obviously, I would have loved to have had a chance to play tonight, but that’s not the way it is.
“I wanted to make sure I’m ready when the time comes.”
The Penguins went 8-4-0 without Crosby after he was injured.
For more on the series, click here.
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 14
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 40
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31