May 1, 2013, 11:57 AM EDT
Crosby has been out of the Pittsburgh lineup since March 30, when he broke his jaw in a game against the Islanders.
Yesterday, his doctor said he still needed time to heal.
“He said everything was good,” Crosby said, per the Post-Gazette. “He just wasn’t prepared to declare me (ready) to play. Obviously, I would have loved to have had a chance to play tonight, but that’s not the way it is.
“I wanted to make sure I’m ready when the time comes.”
The Penguins went 8-4-0 without Crosby after he was injured.
For more on the series, click here.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)