May 1, 2013, 2:13 PM EST
And really, did anyone expect anything less from Vancouver’s goaltending soap opera? (Maybe all this drama will sell some tickets.)
“I wasn’t sure what was happening the whole week,” Luongo said this morning (audio). “For me, it’s an opportunity and I’m excited for it.
“I’m just excited to be playing some playoff hockey again.”
Luongo, 34, went 9-6-3 in the shortened season with a .907 save percentage. Saturday, he was between the pipes for a 7-2 loss in Edmonton — which included five late third-period goals in a span of less than four minutes — after which he left the arena without speaking to reporters.
AHL call-up Joe Cannata will back up Luongo tonight.
Related: Canucks-Sharks series preview
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 5
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 44
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 12
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 68
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 136
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (136)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)