May 1, 2013, 2:13 PM EDT
And really, did anyone expect anything less from Vancouver’s goaltending soap opera? (Maybe all this drama will sell some tickets.)
“I wasn’t sure what was happening the whole week,” Luongo said this morning (audio). “For me, it’s an opportunity and I’m excited for it.
“I’m just excited to be playing some playoff hockey again.”
Luongo, 34, went 9-6-3 in the shortened season with a .907 save percentage. Saturday, he was between the pipes for a 7-2 loss in Edmonton — which included five late third-period goals in a span of less than four minutes — after which he left the arena without speaking to reporters.
AHL call-up Joe Cannata will back up Luongo tonight.
Related: Canucks-Sharks series preview
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 2
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 5
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 4
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 46
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)