May 1, 2013, 2:13 PM EDT
And really, did anyone expect anything less from Vancouver’s goaltending soap opera? (Maybe all this drama will sell some tickets.)
“I wasn’t sure what was happening the whole week,” Luongo said this morning (audio). “For me, it’s an opportunity and I’m excited for it.
“I’m just excited to be playing some playoff hockey again.”
Luongo, 34, went 9-6-3 in the shortened season with a .907 save percentage. Saturday, he was between the pipes for a 7-2 loss in Edmonton — which included five late third-period goals in a span of less than four minutes — after which he left the arena without speaking to reporters.
AHL call-up Joe Cannata will back up Luongo tonight.
Related: Canucks-Sharks series preview
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 23
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 40
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 29
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 26
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 24
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 58
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6