May 1, 2013, 12:32 PM EDT
Nazem Kadri likes Toronto’s chances in its opening-round series against Boston.
Just ask him.
“This is a very, very winnable series,” Kadri said prior to Wednesday’s Game 1 at TD Garden.
Confident? Sure, though it’s not the first time the 22-year-old has let his feelings be known.
Yesterday, Kadri responded to those doubting the Leafs had a shot at beating the B’s.
“Any fan who’s remotely educated knows that we have more than a chance,” he said.
The Leafs aren’t being picked by many pundits (or fans) to emerge the victors in their first playoff appearance since 2004.
They only beat Boston once in four tries this season — a 3-2 win back on Mar. 23 — though they did also push the B’s to a shootout in their fourth and final matchup of the year.
The biggest issue, it seems, comes from playoff experience. According to Rob Longley of the Toronto Sun, the Leafs have a combined 206 games of playoff experience in the lineup.
That’s a far cry from the Bruins, who have a whopping 1,273.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 49
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)