May 1, 2013, 4:36 PM EST
After a one-year hiatus, the Frozen Fury is back.
That was the story out of Los Angeles on Wednesday as the Kings announced the return of their annual Vegas game — well, make that “games.”
On Friday, Sept. 27, the Kings will kick off Frozen Fury XV with a game against the New York Rangers. The following day, LA will host the Colorado Avalanche, with both contests taking place at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.
The Frozen Fury was first played in 1997 and has been a staple of Los Angeles’ preseason over the last 15 years.
Last year, the event (Frozen Fury 15) was canceled due to the NHL work stoppage.
This year will act as a sort of re-do, and will be the first in a new five-year contract between the Kings and MGM Grand Hotel & Casino.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 38
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 63
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 19
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 13
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 69
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)