May 1, 2013, 4:36 PM EDT
After a one-year hiatus, the Frozen Fury is back.
That was the story out of Los Angeles on Wednesday as the Kings announced the return of their annual Vegas game — well, make that “games.”
On Friday, Sept. 27, the Kings will kick off Frozen Fury XV with a game against the New York Rangers. The following day, LA will host the Colorado Avalanche, with both contests taking place at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.
The Frozen Fury was first played in 1997 and has been a staple of Los Angeles’ preseason over the last 15 years.
Last year, the event (Frozen Fury 15) was canceled due to the NHL work stoppage.
This year will act as a sort of re-do, and will be the first in a new five-year contract between the Kings and MGM Grand Hotel & Casino.
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 0
- Report: Witness subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 24
- Lightning’s Vasilevskiy out 2-3 months after getting blood clot removed 6
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)