May 1, 2013, 6:29 PM EDT
Neither Detroit Red Wings star scored a point (and both registered a -1 rating) in the Ducks’ 3-1 victory in Game 1, so he met that goal for at least one night. The 25-year-old center admitted that it wasn’t an easy gig to the OC Register’s Eric Stephens.
“I feel like every battle I went against those guys, it took everything out of me,” Cogliano said.
Zetterberg, 32, noticed the Ducks’ attention to detail in their own end.
“There’s nothing on the rush so you’ve got to spend time in their end,” Zetterberg said.
That realization makes it sound like Cogliano’s work has just begun.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 14
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 22
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (52)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)