May 1, 2013, 6:29 PM EDT
Neither Detroit Red Wings star scored a point (and both registered a -1 rating) in the Ducks’ 3-1 victory in Game 1, so he met that goal for at least one night. The 25-year-old center admitted that it wasn’t an easy gig to the OC Register’s Eric Stephens.
“I feel like every battle I went against those guys, it took everything out of me,” Cogliano said.
Zetterberg, 32, noticed the Ducks’ attention to detail in their own end.
“There’s nothing on the rush so you’ve got to spend time in their end,” Zetterberg said.
That realization makes it sound like Cogliano’s work has just begun.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 70
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)