May 1, 2013, 6:29 PM EDT
Neither Detroit Red Wings star scored a point (and both registered a -1 rating) in the Ducks’ 3-1 victory in Game 1, so he met that goal for at least one night. The 25-year-old center admitted that it wasn’t an easy gig to the OC Register’s Eric Stephens.
“I feel like every battle I went against those guys, it took everything out of me,” Cogliano said.
Zetterberg, 32, noticed the Ducks’ attention to detail in their own end.
“There’s nothing on the rush so you’ve got to spend time in their end,” Zetterberg said.
That realization makes it sound like Cogliano’s work has just begun.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 5
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 23
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)