May 1, 2013, 10:11 PM EDT
More than a few people thought that the high-scoring, red-hot New York Islanders might just pose a threat to the Pittsburgh Penguins in their first-round matchups. That gut instinct didn’t look too great after Game 1, which the Penguins won 5-0.
Let’s talk this one up.
- Marty Reasoner delivered a questionable leg-to-leg hit on Jussi Jokinen (which we’ll feature in video soon enough). Is that suspension-material?
- Can Evgeni Nabokov bounce back from a notably rough night?
- Should the Penguins be that much more diligent with Sidney Crosby or merely let him return as soon as the doctors will allow it?
- Is this a matter of “first game jitters” or an off night or are the Isles in big trouble?
- Getting more specific, can John Tavares boost the Islanders enough to make this series competitive or will Pittsburgh continue to neutralize the Hart Trophy candidate?
- Could this win just be evidence that the Penguins are the juggernaut that they looked like despite injuries and lineup changes throughout this season?
- Marc-Andre Fleury gained his sixth career playoff shutout. Do you expect him to have a strong postseason after struggling mightily at times the last few postseasons?
- Which East team poses the biggest threat to Pittsburgh? Could it be the Boston Bruins or someone else?
May 22, 2015, 1:30 AM EDT
Ducks trying to make life miserable for Chicago’s goalie.
May 22, 2015, 1:00 AM EDT
Game 4 goes Saturday in Chicago.
May 22, 2015, 12:12 AM EDT
So, what will the coach do for Game 4?
May 21, 2015, 11:17 PM EDT
Chicago’s power play came up empty.
May 21, 2015, 10:36 PM EDT
Talk about timing.
May 21, 2015, 10:26 PM EDT
Quite a sequence.
May 21, 2015, 9:15 PM EDT
‘Showtime’ strikes late in the period.
May 21, 2015, 8:05 PM EDT
Coach Q, shaking it up.
May 21, 2015, 7:49 PM EDT
Pittsburgh GM won’t stand in the way.
May 21, 2015, 6:58 PM EDT
Hit knocked the veteran d-man out of Game 3.
May 21, 2015, 6:10 PM EDT
“To have a guy of his ilk, considered one of the best coaches in the National Hockey League, taking a real good hard look at us in Buffalo after a 30th-place finish — I thought the process was great.”
May 21, 2015, 5:26 PM EDT
Two-way contract for Karpat’s playoff scoring sensation.
May 21, 2015, 5:15 PM EDT
A wide range of topics.
May 21, 2015, 4:15 PM EDT
“It’s something that we’re working on everyday. We’re trying to do it behind closed doors and away from public scrutiny.”
May 21, 2015, 4:02 PM EDT
“Word choice matters, even when attempting to be humorous.”
May 21, 2015, 2:58 PM EDT
Recently represented the United States at the worlds.
May 21, 2015, 2:44 PM EDT
As many as six new head coaches could still be named.
May 21, 2015, 1:54 PM EDT
Coaches be getting paid.
May 21, 2015, 1:46 PM EDT
Some have wondered if he could replace goal-less Bryan Bickell.
May 21, 2015, 12:43 PM EDT
“We need to create a safe environment for the players.”
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 2
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 15
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 35
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 44
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)