May 1, 2013, 9:47 PM EDT
Wednesday represented the Toronto Maple Leafs’ first playoff game since 2004. The Boston Bruins made them look like a team that hasn’t been to the postseason in nearly a decade, beating them 4-1 in a game that might have been even more lopsided than the scored indicates (due to goals that were disallowed, among other factors).
Let’s get the discussion rolling:
- So, was this mismatch more about how strong the Bruins really are at full-strength or how flawed the Maple Leafs might be?
- On a scale of 1-10, how poorly do you think Toronto fans and media will react to this game?
- Speaking of which, who will get the most blame: Phil Kessel, James Reimer, Dion Phaneuf or someone else?
- Food for thought on Reimer: some of the goals he allowed were pretty bad, but the young goalie did face 40 shots. On the other hand, he’s been struggling lately. How long is his leash in Toronto?
- One Buds player who did have a nice night was James van Riemsdyk. He fired five shots on goal, including an early 1-0 marker. Will he be a factor in this series?
- Some Leafs fans critiqued Toronto’s “truculent” tendency to dress more than one enforcer. Should Randy Carlyle change that tactic?
- Name some positives for the Maple Leafs. Optional choice: “It’s just one game.”
- Does this lopsided win strengthen the argument that Boston is a championship contender? Discuss the Bruins’ chances of winning it all once more.
May 26, 2015, 1:13 AM EDT
Monday’s tough loss hasn’t weakened his resolve.
May 26, 2015, 12:21 AM EDT
Matt Beleskey scored the game winner after initially losing his second line spot.
May 26, 2015, 12:03 AM EDT
Chicago was trailing for most of the game.
May 25, 2015, 11:10 PM EDT
It was a reversal from the first frame.
May 25, 2015, 10:57 PM EDT
Maple Leafs prospect Frederik Gauthier had a big game too.
May 25, 2015, 10:11 PM EDT
The first period was all Anaheim.
May 25, 2015, 9:42 PM EDT
The Ducks got off to an ideal start.
May 25, 2015, 9:17 PM EDT
Emerson Etem is a healthy scratch.
May 25, 2015, 8:29 PM EDT
He needed to keep his wrist frozen to play.
May 25, 2015, 7:25 PM EDT
He was linked to Nashville’s playoff curfew incident.
May 25, 2015, 6:30 PM EDT
The series is tied at 2-2.
May 25, 2015, 5:43 PM EDT
There’s going to be a fight for the No. 1 gig in Detroit.
May 25, 2015, 4:41 PM EDT
Reports out of Swift Current, Saskatchewan.
May 25, 2015, 4:32 PM EDT
May 25, 2015, 3:58 PM EDT
They’re expected to speak again before July 1.
May 25, 2015, 3:31 PM EDT
“One bounce here or there, it’s a different story.”
May 25, 2015, 2:10 PM EDT
Made his NHL debut last season, appearing in 16 games.
May 25, 2015, 2:05 PM EDT
He’s eligible to sign an extension this summer.
May 25, 2015, 12:54 PM EDT
“Everyone involved with the ZSC Lions is so excited about seeing him play in Zurich.”
May 25, 2015, 12:44 PM EDT
This won’t quell the Kevin Bieksa trade speculation.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 13
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 3
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 26
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)