May 1, 2013, 6:53 PM EST
The Boston Bruins have eased Dougie Hamilton into the mix in his rookie season, but Claude Julien apparently isn’t that comfortable with throwing the 19-year-old defenseman out there against the Toronto Maple Leafs in Game 1.
CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty reports that Hamilton will be a healthy scratch on Wednesday.
Hamilton scored 16 points while averaging a little more than 17 minutes per night in 42 games this season.
The Bruins laid out their six-man defensive rotation, in case you want to bicker about who “should” have sat out today’s game instead:
As you can see from this Tweet, the Bruins are definitely trumpeting experience:
The B’s roster comes into tonight’s game w/ 1,273 postseason games of exp. vs. the Leafs who have a combined 206 postseason games of exp.^BB
— Boston Bruins (@NHLBruins) May 1, 2013
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 4
- Wounded Wing: Howard (MCL sprain) out 2-4 weeks 2
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 67
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 28
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 46
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 22
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 86
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)