May 1, 2013, 6:53 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins have eased Dougie Hamilton into the mix in his rookie season, but Claude Julien apparently isn’t that comfortable with throwing the 19-year-old defenseman out there against the Toronto Maple Leafs in Game 1.
CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty reports that Hamilton will be a healthy scratch on Wednesday.
Hamilton scored 16 points while averaging a little more than 17 minutes per night in 42 games this season.
The Bruins laid out their six-man defensive rotation, in case you want to bicker about who “should” have sat out today’s game instead:
As you can see from this Tweet, the Bruins are definitely trumpeting experience:
The B’s roster comes into tonight’s game w/ 1,273 postseason games of exp. vs. the Leafs who have a combined 206 postseason games of exp.^BB
— Boston Bruins (@NHLBruins) May 1, 2013
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 6
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 23
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)