May 1, 2013, 6:53 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins have eased Dougie Hamilton into the mix in his rookie season, but Claude Julien apparently isn’t that comfortable with throwing the 19-year-old defenseman out there against the Toronto Maple Leafs in Game 1.
CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty reports that Hamilton will be a healthy scratch on Wednesday.
Hamilton scored 16 points while averaging a little more than 17 minutes per night in 42 games this season.
The Bruins laid out their six-man defensive rotation, in case you want to bicker about who “should” have sat out today’s game instead:
As you can see from this Tweet, the Bruins are definitely trumpeting experience:
The B’s roster comes into tonight’s game w/ 1,273 postseason games of exp. vs. the Leafs who have a combined 206 postseason games of exp.^BB
— Boston Bruins (@NHLBruins) May 1, 2013
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)