Apr 30, 2013, 1:41 PM EST
Turns out Minnesota won’t have its big trade deadline acquisition to start the playoffs.
On Tuesday, Wild head coach Mike Yeo said Jason Pominville wasn’t “quite ready” to get back into the lineup, meaning he’d be out for Game 1 of Minnesota’s Western Conference quarterfinal against the Chicago Blackhawks.
Yesterday, Pominville returned to practice for the first time since taking a Dustin Brown elbow to the head on Apr. 23. The hit left the 30-year-old injured and forced him to miss Minnesota’s final two games of the regular season.
Following yesterday’s skate, Yeo said Pominville “looked good” and speculation was he’d be in the lineup tonight.
Prior to getting hurt, Pominville had 4G-5A-9PTS in 10 games with Minnesota, averaging 17:31 TOI per game.
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 1
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 7
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 15
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 17
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)