Apr 30, 2013, 1:41 PM EDT
Turns out Minnesota won’t have its big trade deadline acquisition to start the playoffs.
On Tuesday, Wild head coach Mike Yeo said Jason Pominville wasn’t “quite ready” to get back into the lineup, meaning he’d be out for Game 1 of Minnesota’s Western Conference quarterfinal against the Chicago Blackhawks.
Yesterday, Pominville returned to practice for the first time since taking a Dustin Brown elbow to the head on Apr. 23. The hit left the 30-year-old injured and forced him to miss Minnesota’s final two games of the regular season.
Following yesterday’s skate, Yeo said Pominville “looked good” and speculation was he’d be in the lineup tonight.
Prior to getting hurt, Pominville had 4G-5A-9PTS in 10 games with Minnesota, averaging 17:31 TOI per game.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 27
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 78
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (78)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)