Apr 30, 2013, 1:41 PM EDT
Turns out Minnesota won’t have its big trade deadline acquisition to start the playoffs.
On Tuesday, Wild head coach Mike Yeo said Jason Pominville wasn’t “quite ready” to get back into the lineup, meaning he’d be out for Game 1 of Minnesota’s Western Conference quarterfinal against the Chicago Blackhawks.
Yesterday, Pominville returned to practice for the first time since taking a Dustin Brown elbow to the head on Apr. 23. The hit left the 30-year-old injured and forced him to miss Minnesota’s final two games of the regular season.
Following yesterday’s skate, Yeo said Pominville “looked good” and speculation was he’d be in the lineup tonight.
Prior to getting hurt, Pominville had 4G-5A-9PTS in 10 games with Minnesota, averaging 17:31 TOI per game.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 70
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 42
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 33
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)