Apr 30, 2013, 11:02 PM EDT
Nashville Predators’ defenseman and captain Shea Weber, locked into that 14-year, $110 million contract, remains committed to that hockey team, even after a disappointing 2013 season.
Don’t believe him, well just check this out.
The Predators finished at the bottom of the league in scoring, and were 14th in the Western Conference when the regular season came to an end over the weekend.
“For sure, definitely,” Weber told The Tennessean after the conclusion of the regular season. “I’m committed to everything here — committed to the team and coaching staff and my teammates, and committed to being better for them and getting back to the postseason.”
“We’ve talked, and I think we know what we need to do.
“Obviously there’s a lot of things involved with timing, getting the right guys and doing the right things. But I think (general manager David Poile has) been around long enough that he knows what to do … He knows how to build a team and I think he’s going to do what he needs to do.”
Maybe Nashville’s struggles this year could lead to better things in the future.
The Predators will have the fourth overall selection in this year’s NHL Entry Draft.
Could there be a trade for that pick in the works? Probably too early to speculate, but the phone has started to ring.
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 0
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 0
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 12
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)