Apr 30, 2013, 11:02 PM EDT
Nashville Predators’ defenseman and captain Shea Weber, locked into that 14-year, $110 million contract, remains committed to that hockey team, even after a disappointing 2013 season.
Don’t believe him, well just check this out.
The Predators finished at the bottom of the league in scoring, and were 14th in the Western Conference when the regular season came to an end over the weekend.
“For sure, definitely,” Weber told The Tennessean after the conclusion of the regular season. “I’m committed to everything here — committed to the team and coaching staff and my teammates, and committed to being better for them and getting back to the postseason.”
“We’ve talked, and I think we know what we need to do.
“Obviously there’s a lot of things involved with timing, getting the right guys and doing the right things. But I think (general manager David Poile has) been around long enough that he knows what to do … He knows how to build a team and I think he’s going to do what he needs to do.”
Maybe Nashville’s struggles this year could lead to better things in the future.
The Predators will have the fourth overall selection in this year’s NHL Entry Draft.
Could there be a trade for that pick in the works? Probably too early to speculate, but the phone has started to ring.
Poile: "I’ve already had a call today from a general manager asking me what it would take to get to our fourth pick"—
(@JoshuaCooper) April 30, 2013
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)