Apr 30, 2013, 11:02 PM EDT
Nashville Predators’ defenseman and captain Shea Weber, locked into that 14-year, $110 million contract, remains committed to that hockey team, even after a disappointing 2013 season.
Don’t believe him, well just check this out.
The Predators finished at the bottom of the league in scoring, and were 14th in the Western Conference when the regular season came to an end over the weekend.
“For sure, definitely,” Weber told The Tennessean after the conclusion of the regular season. “I’m committed to everything here — committed to the team and coaching staff and my teammates, and committed to being better for them and getting back to the postseason.”
“We’ve talked, and I think we know what we need to do.
“Obviously there’s a lot of things involved with timing, getting the right guys and doing the right things. But I think (general manager David Poile has) been around long enough that he knows what to do … He knows how to build a team and I think he’s going to do what he needs to do.”
Maybe Nashville’s struggles this year could lead to better things in the future.
The Predators will have the fourth overall selection in this year’s NHL Entry Draft.
Could there be a trade for that pick in the works? Probably too early to speculate, but the phone has started to ring.
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 8
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 9
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 7
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 93
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (93)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)