Apr 30, 2013, 12:19 AM EDT
Jacques Beaulieu, head coach and general manager of the Ontario Hockey League’s Sarnia Sting, has been charged with two counts of assault following an incident this weekend, according to the London Free Press.
The report, which came out Monday evening, also says police are investigating the coach’s son and current Montreal Canadiens prospect Nathan Beaulieu for the same incident.
Also on Monday, the Sting sent out a press release saying Jacques Beaulieu was “among the six finalists for the OHL Coach of the Year award.”
The Sting finished the 2012-2013 OHL regular season with a 35-28-1-4 record and made it to the first round of the playoffs, before getting swept out in four games by the Plymouth Whalers.
Nathan Beaulieu, 20, is currently up with the Canadiens.
“At this point in time, there’s only so much we can say,” Donald Beauchamp, the Canadiens’ senior vice-president of communications, told the London Free Press.
“We’ve been made aware of the situation. This is a legal situation and for that reason we can’t comment any further.”
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 6
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)