Apr 30, 2013, 12:19 AM EDT
Jacques Beaulieu, head coach and general manager of the Ontario Hockey League’s Sarnia Sting, has been charged with two counts of assault following an incident this weekend, according to the London Free Press.
The report, which came out Monday evening, also says police are investigating the coach’s son and current Montreal Canadiens prospect Nathan Beaulieu for the same incident.
Also on Monday, the Sting sent out a press release saying Jacques Beaulieu was “among the six finalists for the OHL Coach of the Year award.”
The Sting finished the 2012-2013 OHL regular season with a 35-28-1-4 record and made it to the first round of the playoffs, before getting swept out in four games by the Plymouth Whalers.
Nathan Beaulieu, 20, is currently up with the Canadiens.
“At this point in time, there’s only so much we can say,” Donald Beauchamp, the Canadiens’ senior vice-president of communications, told the London Free Press.
“We’ve been made aware of the situation. This is a legal situation and for that reason we can’t comment any further.”
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 9
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 1
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 10
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 18
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 21
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 36
- Report: Johansen, Blue Jackets talking contract 7
- NHL waiting on World Cup announcement, Olympics decision 9
- Leiweke calls out ‘just terrible’ character of certain players in Leafs organization 30
- Crosby: Pens must ‘find a way to get over that hump’ 13
- Will future tweaks be enough to salvage NHL 15? (50)
- This Darcy Kuemper-Minnesota Wild situation doesn’t sound good (40)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker (39)
- The KHL’s really trying to mow Minnesota’s lawn (38)