Apr 30, 2013, 12:19 AM EST
Jacques Beaulieu, head coach and general manager of the Ontario Hockey League’s Sarnia Sting, has been charged with two counts of assault following an incident this weekend, according to the London Free Press.
The report, which came out Monday evening, also says police are investigating the coach’s son and current Montreal Canadiens prospect Nathan Beaulieu for the same incident.
Also on Monday, the Sting sent out a press release saying Jacques Beaulieu was “among the six finalists for the OHL Coach of the Year award.”
The Sting finished the 2012-2013 OHL regular season with a 35-28-1-4 record and made it to the first round of the playoffs, before getting swept out in four games by the Plymouth Whalers.
Nathan Beaulieu, 20, is currently up with the Canadiens.
“At this point in time, there’s only so much we can say,” Donald Beauchamp, the Canadiens’ senior vice-president of communications, told the London Free Press.
“We’ve been made aware of the situation. This is a legal situation and for that reason we can’t comment any further.”
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 14
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 39
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 82
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (183)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)