Apr 30, 2013, 8:50 PM EDT
Pittsburgh could be looking at a healthy defensive unit for Game 1 if all goes well.
The team reported defenseman Brooks Orpik skated this morning and would be a game-time decision for Game 1 against the Islanders tomorrow night. Orpik was hurt a week ago today against the Sabres after playing just 6:44 worth of game time.
Of course, the Pens are currently still without Sidney Crosby up front but their defense is almost fully back with Orpik the lone holdout. Paul Martin made his return to action in their final regular season game against Carolina on Saturday. The Pens could sure use a fully healthy defense to help contain John Tavares and Matt Moulson in the first-round of the playoffs.
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 9
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 10
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 9
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 10
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 32
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)