Apr 30, 2013, 8:50 PM EST
Pittsburgh could be looking at a healthy defensive unit for Game 1 if all goes well.
The team reported defenseman Brooks Orpik skated this morning and would be a game-time decision for Game 1 against the Islanders tomorrow night. Orpik was hurt a week ago today against the Sabres after playing just 6:44 worth of game time.
Of course, the Pens are currently still without Sidney Crosby up front but their defense is almost fully back with Orpik the lone holdout. Paul Martin made his return to action in their final regular season game against Carolina on Saturday. The Pens could sure use a fully healthy defense to help contain John Tavares and Matt Moulson in the first-round of the playoffs.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 59
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 18
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 68
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)