Apr 30, 2013, 8:50 PM EST
Pittsburgh could be looking at a healthy defensive unit for Game 1 if all goes well.
The team reported defenseman Brooks Orpik skated this morning and would be a game-time decision for Game 1 against the Islanders tomorrow night. Orpik was hurt a week ago today against the Sabres after playing just 6:44 worth of game time.
Of course, the Pens are currently still without Sidney Crosby up front but their defense is almost fully back with Orpik the lone holdout. Paul Martin made his return to action in their final regular season game against Carolina on Saturday. The Pens could sure use a fully healthy defense to help contain John Tavares and Matt Moulson in the first-round of the playoffs.
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 48
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 7
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 35
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 12