Apr 30, 2013, 8:50 PM EDT
Pittsburgh could be looking at a healthy defensive unit for Game 1 if all goes well.
The team reported defenseman Brooks Orpik skated this morning and would be a game-time decision for Game 1 against the Islanders tomorrow night. Orpik was hurt a week ago today against the Sabres after playing just 6:44 worth of game time.
Of course, the Pens are currently still without Sidney Crosby up front but their defense is almost fully back with Orpik the lone holdout. Paul Martin made his return to action in their final regular season game against Carolina on Saturday. The Pens could sure use a fully healthy defense to help contain John Tavares and Matt Moulson in the first-round of the playoffs.
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 21
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 39
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 90
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 5
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 20
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (172)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (92)