Apr 30, 2013, 1:02 PM EDT
Oshie last played on March 28. A couple of weeks ago, he underwent a procedure to fix a stress fracture in his ankle. Prior to the injury, the 26-year-old has seven goals and 13 assists in 30 games.
Despite the lineup move, Blues coach Ken Hitchcock said he expects Tarasenko to play at some point during the series.
“He’s played his best hockey when he’s been rested, so we expect him to come into this series and be a rested player,” Hitchcock said, per NHL.com’s Lou Korac.
Tarasenko, 21, netted five goals in his first seven games with the Blues, but scored just three more times in his next 31 outings.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18