Apr 30, 2013, 1:02 PM EDT
Oshie last played on March 28. A couple of weeks ago, he underwent a procedure to fix a stress fracture in his ankle. Prior to the injury, the 26-year-old has seven goals and 13 assists in 30 games.
Despite the lineup move, Blues coach Ken Hitchcock said he expects Tarasenko to play at some point during the series.
“He’s played his best hockey when he’s been rested, so we expect him to come into this series and be a rested player,” Hitchcock said, per NHL.com’s Lou Korac.
Tarasenko, 21, netted five goals in his first seven games with the Blues, but scored just three more times in his next 31 outings.
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 38
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 0
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 24
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 112
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 12
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7