Apr 30, 2013, 1:02 PM EDT
Oshie last played on March 28. A couple of weeks ago, he underwent a procedure to fix a stress fracture in his ankle. Prior to the injury, the 26-year-old has seven goals and 13 assists in 30 games.
Despite the lineup move, Blues coach Ken Hitchcock said he expects Tarasenko to play at some point during the series.
“He’s played his best hockey when he’s been rested, so we expect him to come into this series and be a rested player,” Hitchcock said, per NHL.com’s Lou Korac.
Tarasenko, 21, netted five goals in his first seven games with the Blues, but scored just three more times in his next 31 outings.
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 0
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 31
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 19
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 82
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 46
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (82)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)