Apr 30, 2013, 3:09 PM EDT
The incident in question also involves Beaulieu’s father, Jacques, who has already been charged two counts of assault.
Here’s more, from the Free Press:
Strathroy Caradoc Police have confirmed the 20-year-old hockey superstar is facing the same set of charges as his dad Jacques Beaulieu — head coach of the Sarnia Sting — in connection with the same incident.
“There’s two victims and [Jacques and Nathan Beaulieu] are each charged with one count of assault against each victim,” said Deputy Chief Mark Campbell.
Nathan Beaulieu is still in Montreal, said Campbell and police are “awaiting his arrival here,” said Campbell. “I think, by later this week he’ll be here.”
The alleged incident occurred at a private residence last Saturday.
According to police, the situation unfolded during a party after a charity golf tournament, and that alcohol was a factor. It’s also being reported one of the victims was a former players of Jacques’.
Nathan, 20, was Montreal’s first-round pick (17th overall) at the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.
He spent the majority of the year with AHL Hamilton, but was called up during the season and appeared in six games with the Habs, recording two assists while finishing with a plus-5 rating.
Recently, he was one of eight Bulldogs recalled to Montreal to be with the team for the playoffs.
The Canadiens have declined to comment on the situation.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 6
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 26
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 43
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20