Apr 30, 2013, 3:09 PM EDT
The incident in question also involves Beaulieu’s father, Jacques, who has already been charged two counts of assault.
Here’s more, from the Free Press:
Strathroy Caradoc Police have confirmed the 20-year-old hockey superstar is facing the same set of charges as his dad Jacques Beaulieu — head coach of the Sarnia Sting — in connection with the same incident.
“There’s two victims and [Jacques and Nathan Beaulieu] are each charged with one count of assault against each victim,” said Deputy Chief Mark Campbell.
Nathan Beaulieu is still in Montreal, said Campbell and police are “awaiting his arrival here,” said Campbell. “I think, by later this week he’ll be here.”
The alleged incident occurred at a private residence last Saturday.
According to police, the situation unfolded during a party after a charity golf tournament, and that alcohol was a factor. It’s also being reported one of the victims was a former players of Jacques’.
Nathan, 20, was Montreal’s first-round pick (17th overall) at the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.
He spent the majority of the year with AHL Hamilton, but was called up during the season and appeared in six games with the Habs, recording two assists while finishing with a plus-5 rating.
Recently, he was one of eight Bulldogs recalled to Montreal to be with the team for the playoffs.
The Canadiens have declined to comment on the situation.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 0
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 7
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 2
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 13
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 19
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 17
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)