Apr 30, 2013, 3:09 PM EDT
The incident in question also involves Beaulieu’s father, Jacques, who has already been charged two counts of assault.
Here’s more, from the Free Press:
Strathroy Caradoc Police have confirmed the 20-year-old hockey superstar is facing the same set of charges as his dad Jacques Beaulieu — head coach of the Sarnia Sting — in connection with the same incident.
“There’s two victims and [Jacques and Nathan Beaulieu] are each charged with one count of assault against each victim,” said Deputy Chief Mark Campbell.
Nathan Beaulieu is still in Montreal, said Campbell and police are “awaiting his arrival here,” said Campbell. “I think, by later this week he’ll be here.”
The alleged incident occurred at a private residence last Saturday.
According to police, the situation unfolded during a party after a charity golf tournament, and that alcohol was a factor. It’s also being reported one of the victims was a former players of Jacques’.
Nathan, 20, was Montreal’s first-round pick (17th overall) at the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.
He spent the majority of the year with AHL Hamilton, but was called up during the season and appeared in six games with the Habs, recording two assists while finishing with a plus-5 rating.
Recently, he was one of eight Bulldogs recalled to Montreal to be with the team for the playoffs.
The Canadiens have declined to comment on the situation.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 19
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)