Apr 30, 2013, 3:09 PM EST
The incident in question also involves Beaulieu’s father, Jacques, who has already been charged two counts of assault.
Here’s more, from the Free Press:
Strathroy Caradoc Police have confirmed the 20-year-old hockey superstar is facing the same set of charges as his dad Jacques Beaulieu — head coach of the Sarnia Sting — in connection with the same incident.
“There’s two victims and [Jacques and Nathan Beaulieu] are each charged with one count of assault against each victim,” said Deputy Chief Mark Campbell.
Nathan Beaulieu is still in Montreal, said Campbell and police are “awaiting his arrival here,” said Campbell. “I think, by later this week he’ll be here.”
The alleged incident occurred at a private residence last Saturday.
According to police, the situation unfolded during a party after a charity golf tournament, and that alcohol was a factor. It’s also being reported one of the victims was a former players of Jacques’.
Nathan, 20, was Montreal’s first-round pick (17th overall) at the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.
He spent the majority of the year with AHL Hamilton, but was called up during the season and appeared in six games with the Habs, recording two assists while finishing with a plus-5 rating.
Recently, he was one of eight Bulldogs recalled to Montreal to be with the team for the playoffs.
The Canadiens have declined to comment on the situation.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 13
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 19
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 52
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)