Apr 30, 2013, 4:10 PM EST
Looks as though Los Angeles will have a change on defense for Game 1 of its Western Conference quarterfinal against St. Louis.
Head coach Darryl Sutter offered no insight as to what his lineup might look like, only saying “we’ll have an extra forward and an extra defenseman in warmup.”
Greene, who was thought to be lost for the season after hurting his back in the season opener against Chicago, returned in late April and played four games down the stretch.
He did, however, miss the regular season finale against San Jose with an undisclosed injury, which Sutter said was not related to the back issue.
Ellerby had been parked in the press box since mid-April but drew in for Saturday’s game against the Sharks, and has some (limited) playoff experience under his belt.
He played in one game for the Panthers last season in their seven-game loss to the Devils, recording 8:42 of ice time.
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 0
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 15
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 8
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 17
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 77
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)