Apr 30, 2013, 4:10 PM EDT
Looks as though Los Angeles will have a change on defense for Game 1 of its Western Conference quarterfinal against St. Louis.
Head coach Darryl Sutter offered no insight as to what his lineup might look like, only saying “we’ll have an extra forward and an extra defenseman in warmup.”
Greene, who was thought to be lost for the season after hurting his back in the season opener against Chicago, returned in late April and played four games down the stretch.
He did, however, miss the regular season finale against San Jose with an undisclosed injury, which Sutter said was not related to the back issue.
Ellerby had been parked in the press box since mid-April but drew in for Saturday’s game against the Sharks, and has some (limited) playoff experience under his belt.
He played in one game for the Panthers last season in their seven-game loss to the Devils, recording 8:42 of ice time.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 14
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15