Apr 30, 2013, 4:10 PM EDT
Looks as though Los Angeles will have a change on defense for Game 1 of its Western Conference quarterfinal against St. Louis.
Head coach Darryl Sutter offered no insight as to what his lineup might look like, only saying “we’ll have an extra forward and an extra defenseman in warmup.”
Greene, who was thought to be lost for the season after hurting his back in the season opener against Chicago, returned in late April and played four games down the stretch.
He did, however, miss the regular season finale against San Jose with an undisclosed injury, which Sutter said was not related to the back issue.
Ellerby had been parked in the press box since mid-April but drew in for Saturday’s game against the Sharks, and has some (limited) playoff experience under his belt.
He played in one game for the Panthers last season in their seven-game loss to the Devils, recording 8:42 of ice time.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5