Apr 30, 2013, 4:10 PM EDT
Looks as though Los Angeles will have a change on defense for Game 1 of its Western Conference quarterfinal against St. Louis.
Head coach Darryl Sutter offered no insight as to what his lineup might look like, only saying “we’ll have an extra forward and an extra defenseman in warmup.”
Greene, who was thought to be lost for the season after hurting his back in the season opener against Chicago, returned in late April and played four games down the stretch.
He did, however, miss the regular season finale against San Jose with an undisclosed injury, which Sutter said was not related to the back issue.
Ellerby had been parked in the press box since mid-April but drew in for Saturday’s game against the Sharks, and has some (limited) playoff experience under his belt.
He played in one game for the Panthers last season in their seven-game loss to the Devils, recording 8:42 of ice time.
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 20
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)