Apr 30, 2013, 7:10 PM EDT
Sergei Bobrovsky wasn’t able to get the Blue Jackets to the playoffs this season and now it’s time for a break.
Slava Malamud of Sport-Express reports Bobrovsky won’t be heading to Sweden and Finland to play in the World Championships. Instead, it’ll be Colorado’s Semyon Varlamov headed out there to try and win gold for the Russians once again.
Bobrovsky, as you know by now, helped Columbus to within a point of making the playoffs this year. It was the closest the Blue Jackets came to the playoffs since they made it back in 2008 and it was virtually all thanks to his play.
That kind of skill would’ve been helpful for Russia at Worlds, but Varlamov helped lead the way for them last year and things turned out all right there.
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 3
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 17
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 78
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 35
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 60
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 114
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 62
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7