Apr 29, 2013, 1:08 PM EST
Minnesota might be getting its big trade deadline acquisition back in time for the playoffs.
Jason Pominville returned to Wild practice on Monday, his first time back since suffering a head injury on a Dustin Brown elbow last Tuesday.
The former Buffalo captain — traded to Minny on Apr. 3 — missed the final two games of the regular season with what appeared to be a head injury, though the Wild wouldn’t classify the ailment as a concussion.
Pominville was skating with his usual linemates, Kyle Brodziak and Pierre-Marc Bouchard, at Monday’s practice. Prior to getting hurt, the 30-year-old had 4G-5A-9PTS in 10 games with Minnesota, averaging 17:31 TOI per game.
The Wild open their playoff campaign against the Presidents’ Trophy-winning Blackhawks in Chicago on Tuesday (8p.m. ET, NBCSN).
Sounds like Pominville’s likely to play in Game 1, according to head coach Mike Yeo.
“[Pominville] looked good in practice today,” Yeo told the Minnesota Star-Tribune. “He’s a big part of our team in a lot of areas.
“The offensive threat that he is, smart player, plays in all situations for us, and as much as anything else, the experience that he has in the playoffs and his leadership, obviously he’s a big part of our team.”
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 0
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 7
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 57
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 40
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 30
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 17
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 76
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 17
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (77)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (71)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)