Apr 29, 2013, 1:08 PM EDT
Minnesota might be getting its big trade deadline acquisition back in time for the playoffs.
Jason Pominville returned to Wild practice on Monday, his first time back since suffering a head injury on a Dustin Brown elbow last Tuesday.
The former Buffalo captain — traded to Minny on Apr. 3 — missed the final two games of the regular season with what appeared to be a head injury, though the Wild wouldn’t classify the ailment as a concussion.
Pominville was skating with his usual linemates, Kyle Brodziak and Pierre-Marc Bouchard, at Monday’s practice. Prior to getting hurt, the 30-year-old had 4G-5A-9PTS in 10 games with Minnesota, averaging 17:31 TOI per game.
The Wild open their playoff campaign against the Presidents’ Trophy-winning Blackhawks in Chicago on Tuesday (8p.m. ET, NBCSN).
Sounds like Pominville’s likely to play in Game 1, according to head coach Mike Yeo.
“[Pominville] looked good in practice today,” Yeo told the Minnesota Star-Tribune. “He’s a big part of our team in a lot of areas.
“The offensive threat that he is, smart player, plays in all situations for us, and as much as anything else, the experience that he has in the playoffs and his leadership, obviously he’s a big part of our team.”
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 23
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 40
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 99
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 21
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 37
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)