Apr 29, 2013, 1:08 PM EDT
Minnesota might be getting its big trade deadline acquisition back in time for the playoffs.
Jason Pominville returned to Wild practice on Monday, his first time back since suffering a head injury on a Dustin Brown elbow last Tuesday.
The former Buffalo captain — traded to Minny on Apr. 3 — missed the final two games of the regular season with what appeared to be a head injury, though the Wild wouldn’t classify the ailment as a concussion.
Pominville was skating with his usual linemates, Kyle Brodziak and Pierre-Marc Bouchard, at Monday’s practice. Prior to getting hurt, the 30-year-old had 4G-5A-9PTS in 10 games with Minnesota, averaging 17:31 TOI per game.
The Wild open their playoff campaign against the Presidents’ Trophy-winning Blackhawks in Chicago on Tuesday (8p.m. ET, NBCSN).
Sounds like Pominville’s likely to play in Game 1, according to head coach Mike Yeo.
“[Pominville] looked good in practice today,” Yeo told the Minnesota Star-Tribune. “He’s a big part of our team in a lot of areas.
“The offensive threat that he is, smart player, plays in all situations for us, and as much as anything else, the experience that he has in the playoffs and his leadership, obviously he’s a big part of our team.”
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration 45
- Armstrong lays out what Blues offered KHL-bound Sobotka 15
- Blues re-sign Ott; Sobotka to KHL? 31
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 60
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 170
- Jets can’t let Kane situation fester much longer 57
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery 59
- Kane: ‘I’m a Winnipeg Jet right now… we’ll see what happens’ 51
- McDavid, Eichel top Central Scouting Futures list 14
- Columnist: Mike Green is ‘destined to be traded’ by Caps 40
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (170)
- Pros and cons of Subban filing for arbitration (67)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal (60)
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery (59)